Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions from an interview

I know whatever I get in to, I want to be out on the field as much as possible. At least until conditions dictate otherwise.

Patrol, K-9, metro narcotics, maybe look into our SWAT unit (yeah join the club). Eventually work up to being an FTO, up to being a sergeant. Anything but a desk driver, no offense to our desk drivers here.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I know whatever I get in to, I want to be out on the field as much as possible. At least until conditions dictate otherwise.

Patrol, K-9, metro narcotics, maybe look into our SWAT unit (yeah join the club). Eventually work up to being an FTO, up to being a sergeant. Anything but a desk driver, no offense to our desk drivers here.
    K9 would be amazing. I really envy those guys. I grew up at a kennel business, with my grandpop being a bird dog trainer with a national win under his belt. My cousins and I spent a lot of time hunting with our bird dog, Duke. It seemed obvious that my cousin would become a K9 Officer a few years on the job; I can't imagine how proud our grandpop would be of him.

My agency just formally shot down the idea of us getting our own K9s. One can dream, though.

Good luck, HCountyGuy!
    Last edited by TGS; 05-31-2016 at 05:48 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

If you're interested in K9 be ready to wait for an opening. Our junior guy had ten years on when he got selected. If you're really motivated work hard in patrol and volunteer to be a decoy for the unit. Attend their training as much as you can and soak up what they do. Be a good hard working Officer with a good reputation.

We're part of the Tactical Unit so I tell people to try to get onto SWAT before a K9 opening happens. You go through a similar testing process, you get all kinds of great training, and you get stress inoculated.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    "Seasoned".........I think I just got called old in a very diplomatic way.

User Tag List