Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 650xl tool head moving OAL changing

I was thinking about ordering that
    i used to wannabe

I also posted on Enos the same time I posted here just to maximize the response as this needs to be fixed ASAP!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...=234451&page=1

I haven't had a chance to call Dillon yet either
    i used to wannabe

Just called Dillon. They said I'm short stroking the machine and refused to believe there was anything wrong.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Just called Dillon. They said I'm short stroking the machine and refused to believe there was anything wrong.
    Maybe you're limp wristing it?

This is not the first time I've heard of less than stellar customer service from Dillon, a company that everyone says has great customer service. Oh well.

Well hopefully it is something I've done wrong and not faulty equipment. I'm gonna reset the tool head and start from scratch
    i used to wannabe

Worked late and was rushed for time, but I loosened the seat and crimp dies, ran the shell plate up with brass/bullets in every station and snugged the locking rings up. This took a few tries to get the right OAL and crimp I wanted but once I got it I loaded 12 rounds and the OAL deviation was .009 or less. I'll run some more rounds threw it tomorrow but hoping this will fix it for good!

If this fixes it it appears to be user error. I set the dies by locking them down, running a few rounds, checking, adjusting dies and locking them down and then repeat. I wasn't putting a loaded shell plate into the tool head and THEN snugging down the dies.

Sometimes stupid hurts, sometimes it just makes crappy ammo.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List