Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Lubricants - I recently purchased the company

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Bumping this thread back up. I've recently started using Liberty CLP as an everyday lube on my pistols. I avoided CLP in the past because my idea of CLP is the .mil issue stuff and Break Free. This stuff is nothing like either of those products. It's working really well on my Glocks. I'm going to order some of the grease soon so I can try it out on my Sigs too.

Quick question, does anyone have a link to a good applicator? I can't find anything that is precise enough and or doesn't leak everywhere.
    The syringe that the grease ships in works quite well.

Also, the grease is AMAZING for slicking up bolt guns.
    #RESIST

deleted
    Last edited by blues; 01-15-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Bumping this thread back up. I've recently started using Liberty CLP as an everyday lube on my pistols. I avoided CLP in the past because my idea of CLP is the .mil issue stuff and Break Free. This stuff is nothing like either of those products. It's working really well on my Glocks. I'm going to order some of the grease soon so I can try it out on my Sigs too.

Quick question, does anyone have a link to a good applicator? I can't find anything that is precise enough and or doesn't leak everywhere.
    Glad you like the CLP. A haven't found an needle style applicator I would like to offer as of yet. I have people ask for them, but most I have tried leak, or the tips bend easy. Customers tell me they like the idea of ones that come with other brands, but they have issues with them, especially if they end up in a range bag. Honestly, I am a proponent of running wet, so precise application really isn't such a big deal. I don't know how many times we have had to help out another shooter on the range with a squirt of oil, as their guns bound up with desert dust and the light application of lube they had on the gun. At the Safariland Expedition Multigun match last year, it was running 117-122 degrees out and competitors guns were binding up left and right. A good dose got them going again.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Glad you like the CLP. A haven't found an needle style applicator I would like to offer as of yet. I have people ask for them, but most I have tried leak, or the tips bend easy. Customers tell me they like the idea of ones that come with other brands, but they have issues with them, especially if they end up in a range bag. Honestly, I am a proponent of running wet, so precise application really isn't such a big deal. I don't know how many times we have had to help out another shooter on the range with a squirt of oil, as their guns bound up with desert dust and the light application of lube they had on the gun. At the Safariland Expedition Multigun match last year, it was running 117-122 degrees out and competitors guns were binding up left and right. A good dose got them going again.
    I won't worry about it then.

It's not a high round count example but the CLP worked well for me this weekend. Temps were in the low teens, winds were low, snow on the ground, otherwise, it was miserable. Lubed up my issued M4 before zero and qualification and everything functioned fine.

Site Supporter
    I have a couple of the Titan Tools 152000 precision oilers (LINK), and I like them very much. They probably aren't as "precision" as the name leads one to believe, but they are perfect for my purposes. I bought my first one almost three years ago, and I haven't experienced any leakage. I keep one in my gun cleaning box and another in my range bag. I need to order a couple more.

Under what circumstances, or on what lubrication points, is grease preferable to oil? Apologies for the elementary question...

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Under what circumstances, or on what lubrication points, is grease preferable to oil? Apologies for the elementary question...
    Kind of a personal thing for a lot of folks. I like to give everything a wipedown with the CLP, then squirt some grease on lugs, sear engagement points, rails, etc. Once everything is back together, I give a nice squirt of CLP into the action and hand cycle it a few times. I personally like to run wet.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

I wonder if a little bit of this grease would work really well on the rotating barrel on a Beretta PX4.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I wonder if a little bit of this grease would work really well on the rotating barrel on a Beretta PX4.
    Absolutely! This is the kind of thing the grease excels at.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I have a couple of the Titan Tools 152000 precision oilers (LINK), and I like them very much. They probably aren't as "precision" as the name leads one to believe, but they are perfect for my purposes. I bought my first one almost three years ago, and I haven't experienced any leakage. I keep one in my gun cleaning box and another in my range bag. I need to order a couple more.
    +1, I’ve had the same results over the same timeframe.

User Tag List