Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberty Lubricants - I recently purchased the company

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I am admittedly like Jo-Jo the Idiot Boy when it comes to a lot of this web stuff. I will have someone who knows a metric ton more than I look at it.

Quick edit, I just looked at it on my phone and in the upper left hand corner, there is a symbol in orange with 3 lines through it(I think they call it a hamburger) If you click on it, it opens a menu that allows you to go to the store.
    Ah, that works. On my Kindle it's very visible. On my phone it's visible but it's kind of jumbled and I don't know I would have noticed it if you hadn't specifically called my attention to it. The little orange house and telephone symbol are over "home" and the phone number leads right into "store". I can't even read "home" but realize that's what it is based on the Kindle screen.

I've been looking for an alternate solvent. Placed an order for a big bottle of solvent and CLP. Thanks for the discount!

Any issues running the solvent and CLP on aluminum frame Sigs? I've always run grease on the frame rails of Sigs in the past. Just wondering if this would be a good alternative for that application?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I've been looking for an alternate solvent. Placed an order for a big bottle of solvent and CLP. Thanks for the discount!

Any issues running the solvent and CLP on aluminum frame Sigs? I've always run grease on the frame rails of Sigs in the past. Just wondering if this would be a good alternative for that application?
    Thanks! I look forward to hearing how you like it. It should work well on the Aluminum frame Sigs. My daughters shotgun is predominantly Aluminum and both products have worked great.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Thanks SLG! It will go out in Tuesday's mail. Looking forward to seeing how you like it.

Here is a quick breakdown of some of its highlights;
    - lubricates while reducing friction;
    - penetrates deeply;
    - clings to surfaces;
    - eliminates moisture;
    - is completely harmless for plastic, rubber, glass and metal;
    - is heat and cold (up to -65°C) resistant; (It is formulated to freeze at -85F)
    - contains no silicone, no Teflon and no chlorinated products;
    - is safe: dielectric up to 13 000 volts;

Here is some technical spec testing that we had done
    Characteristics astm test typical values

Flash point D56 64oC

Pour point D97 -65oC

Specific gravity at 15oC D4052 0,894 g/cm3

Solid % 55%

Viscosity at 40oC D445 5,7 cSt

Viscosity at 100oC D445 1,9 cSt

Viscosity index D2270 119

Dielectric breakdown D877 13 kv

Rust preventive D665
    (A) distilled water Pass
    (B) sea water Pass

Corrosion/copper strip D130 1a

4-ball E.P. D2783
    - load wear index 105
    - weld load 500kg

4-ball wear D4172 0,32 mm

Great 4 balls D4172 numbers.
    Last edited by Aray; 05-30-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    Great 4 balls D4172 numbers.
    Yeah, that really is quite a load for the oil to handle before weld. The wear is quite low.
    Last edited by JRCHolsters; 05-30-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Thanks for trying out the product to all who ordered. Packages are going out today from the weekend. The code for Pistol-Forum members is pf10 and will remain in effect continually. Thanks,
    Jim

Congratulations on your new business. I happened to notice the "contact address" is in Presque Isle, Maine. Is that where production currently is? I used to live in Caribou, Maine, and passed through Presque Isle every time I needed to head south. I'm pretty sure they didn't have to try very hard to find cold conditions to test the product. I liked the area, but I'll guess there's not much up there now. Will you move the business to Idaho?

Does Hillary Clinton hate your company?

Because I'm not buying unless Hillary hates you...

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Congratulations on your new business. I happened to notice the "contact address" is in Presque Isle, Maine. Is that where production currently is? I used to live in Caribou, Maine, and passed through Presque Isle every time I needed to head south. I'm pretty sure they didn't have to try very hard to find cold conditions to test the product. I liked the area, but I'll guess there's not much up there now. Will you move the business to Idaho?
    Thanks! Actually we just moved the entire business to Emmett, Id. We are just north of the Boise area. Thanks for catching that. I will have to figure out how to change that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Does Hillary Clinton hate your company?

Because I'm not buying unless Hillary hates you...
    I am pretty sure Hillary hates everything I do

User Tag List