Thread: BORTAC Standards

BORTAC Standards

Recently I've added the Border Patrol to my list of agencies I'm interested in after or in conjunction with my military service in a few years. I've been looking into the Border Patrol SOG, specifically BORTAC. I understand that an agent does not just jump from the academy to that, I'm just trying to be strategic in my career planning so ultimately I make the best decisions.

From what I've gathered you must pass their pistol qual to make selection. It's got me really interested because it seems like they place a strong emphasis on shooting, tracking, navigation and other skills. What exactly is the qual? From what I've heard in the rumor mill, they shoot to very high standards and are right up there with HRT, MSD or Mil SOF units. I don't know much about them other than what I've been told from some of our guys who worked with them in South America on a regionally aligned forces mission.
    " The true Soldier fights not because what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

Site Supporter
    Check your PM.

User Tag List