Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: More new offerings from Colt

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Another quick update on the Lightweight Commander 9mm. The gun has fired 750 rounds of Federal American Eagle 147gr FMJ ammo and 100 rounds of Federal 147gr HST ammo. Still a very low round count, but still no failures of any kind with either the supplied magazines or Wilson Combat ETM magazines. No cleaning yet either, though I did apply lube at around the 500 round count.
    I think that's a darn decent opening run for a box-stock 1911, and mirrors my thus far 500-ish rounds through my Stainless Government without issue.

I have to say, for all the talk about the finicky nature of 1911s, I've had fewer issues with my 1911 in the first 500 than I did with my M&P or my Sig 226 (which weren't many, and even then with .357 Sig conversion barrels, but still).
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 12-19-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Yeah I'm pretty happy with the purchase so far. I have decided to go ahead an start carrying it, which means I am pretty confident in it. I don't plan on making any modifications, just going to leave it 100% stock.

MAN I love LWCs. Carrying and shooting.

I just finished a 2000 round test of my lightly modified Colt .38 Super. Solid, just solid.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I just finished a 2000 round test of my lightly modified Colt .38 Super. Solid, just solid.
    Yeah I owned a customized blue 1991 .38 Super until earlier this year. Ran great, very fun to shoot. I should have just bought a 9mm barrel for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Yeah I owned a customized blue 1991 .38 Super until earlier this year. Ran great, very fun to shoot. I should have just bought a 9mm barrel for it.
    I have thought of doing just that, a 9mm barrel. But when I consider the expense of not just the barrel and fitting but some 9mm specific mags I realize I could buy a lot of .38 super with that same money.
    A lightweight commander in 9mm is something I am considering for carry but that is down the road for now.

User Tag List