Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More new offerings from Colt

Site Supporter
    Wow...some cool history factoids here!

And yeah, Colts new offerings are some of the best entry level 1911s I've ever seen. If you're looking to get into 1911s, I'd go with a Colt.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    TAMARA!!! Y'all drifted the hell out of my thread with that All-American 2000 post. Of course the thread is cooler now...
    I'm sorry.

By way of making up, I went looking for the pics I took of the new iteration of the Delta Elite but I couldn't find them. On the other hand, I found this...

Name:  colt offensive handgun.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  78.8 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Looks like a 9mm Colt Combat Unit Railgun as well. Don't think that was on the product page last time I saw it.

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/...-Unit-Rail-Gun

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'm sorry.

By way of making up, I went looking for the pics I took of the new iteration of the Delta Elite but I couldn't find them. On the other hand, I found this...

<pic of trio of Colts>
    Leave it to you to both further drift and reinforce the OP with a single picture...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    Looks like a 9mm Colt Combat Unit Railgun as well. Don't think that was on the product page last time I saw it.

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/...-Unit-Rail-Gun

Yep, I noticed that as well. The 25 LPI front strap checkering on that model is a nice feature.

I'm impressed with the Colt Series 70 models from the custom shop...hope they expand beyond the Level 1 and Level 2 offerings. The Level Two seems worth the extra cost for the magwell, grips and tritium sights. I'd love to see a Combat Elite two tone model...

Attachment 7466

Attachment 7467

Took 'em long enough though...Springfield Armory has had these for decades...
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 05-29-2016 at 08:18 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Took 'em long enough though...Springfield Armory has had these for decades...
    Not sure what you mean... Colt has offered other pistols with similar features. The XSE line was discontinued last year due to slow sales. The Special Combat Government Carry model is similar to the Level II but is a Series 80 gun. Not arguing, just hoping you can clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Not sure what you mean... Colt has offered other pistols with similar features. The XSE line was discontinued last year due to slow sales. The Special Combat Government Carry model is similar to the Level II but is a Series 80 gun. Not arguing, just hoping you can clarify.
    That's exactly it - the XSE guns were Series 80, but there has been demand for years for Series 70 guns with custom features. The Series 70 has always been a popular base gun for custom work (mainly due to the perception that a gunsmith can get a better trigger pull from a Series 70).
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    While Colt's average out of the box reliability across the breadth of its product lineup has seen improvement over the last decade and Glock's has similarly declined, anybody who thinks those lines have come anywhere near crossing on the graph is engaged in magical thinking.
    That is a good point, and if my post had a bit too much hyperbole in it, I apologize. You also see a lot more new guns than most of us, but it is my impression at least that you can expect a new Colt to work out of the box, as you can with a G17 or G22.

I'm not sure that Glock is there with the G19, yet, though you would have a much better handle on that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    That's exactly it - the XSE guns were Series 80, but there has been demand for years for Series 70 guns with custom features. The Series 70 has always been a popular base gun for custom work (mainly due to the perception that a gunsmith can get a better trigger pull from a Series 70).
    Okay, gotcha. I guess it was the comparison to Springfield Armory that threw me a little.

I don't see the Series 80 thing as a big problem and I use them regularly. I will admit my Series 70 pistols have slightly better triggers though.

User Tag List