Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More new offerings from Colt

Site Supporter

More new offerings from Colt

Colt has recently added a 9mm Railgun with stainless finish to their website. Also there is now an updated Delta Elite with a beavertail grip safety and Novak sights. The old more basic Delta Elite has been discontinued.

Along with the Combat Unit Pistol, new Lightweight Commanders, and Competition Pistols they have a pretty decent lineup. Plus you can still buy any of several basic Colts including the excellent Series 70 Repros.

I figured since there has been discussion of 9mm 1911s on the board of late, the 9mm Railgun might be of interest to some.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 05-29-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Now if only someone will trade me for this .45 I have...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Colt's last really New Offering was the All-American 2000, and I think we can all see the lesson they chose to take from that experience.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Colt's last really New Offering was the All-American 2000, and I think we can all see the lesson they chose to take from that experience.
    Okay, I see your point. I do.

On the other hand, there are some pistols in Colt's current catalog that are worthy of consideration for the pistolero. Obviously that is just my opinion. They needed to do what they seem to be doing.

Oh, and if any mods care to fix the stupid-ass typo in the thread title...
    Last edited by Robinson; 05-29-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Okay, I see your point. I do.

On the other hand, there are some pistols in Colt's current catalog that are worthy of consideration for the pistolero. Obviously that is just my opinion. They needed to do what they seem to be doing.
    Hey, I meant no deep or hidden meanings, I was just making a throwaway funny. (Someone at the NRAAM this month quipped, in regard to the retro Colt M-16A1 and XM177 lookalikes, that "Colt's been making all their money on 1911s and Peacemakers for twenty years, so they might as well go all-in on the historical reproduction market." )

It's worth noting, however, that Colt has at least fielded an all-new clean-sheet-of-paper pistol design more recently than Glock has.
    Last edited by Tamara; 05-29-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Really interested in the Combat Unit in 9mm.... Plus it's got Hackathorn behind it. Somehow I don't own any 1911s anymore
    " The true Soldier fights not because what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

Has anyone PM'd Pincus the good news?

Hey, I meant no deep or hidden meanings, I was just making a throwaway funny. (Someone at the NRAAM this month quipped, in regard to the retro Colt M-16A1 and XM177 lookalikes, that "Colt's been making all their money on 1911s and Peacemakers for twenty years, so they might as well go all-in on the historical reproduction market." )

It's worth noting, however, that Colt has at least fielded an all-new clean-sheet-of-paper pistol design more recently than Glock has.
    To Colt's credit, its new offerings may not be new designs, but they do seem to be reliable out of the box, which didn't always used to seem to be the case.

Glock seems to have decided that uniform reliability is a way overrated virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    To Colt's credit, its new offerings may not be new designs, but they do seem to be reliable out of the box, which didn't always used to seem to be the case.

Glock seems to have decided that uniform reliability is a way overrated virtue.
    While Colt's average out of the box reliability across the breadth of its product lineup has seen improvement over the last decade and Glock's has similarly declined, anybody who thinks those lines have come anywhere near crossing on the graph is engaged in magical thinking.

Site Supporter
    While Colt's average out of the box reliability across the breadth of its product lineup has seen improvement over the last decade and Glock's has similarly declined, anybody who thinks those lines have come anywhere near crossing on the graph is engaged in magical thinking.
    I would agree with that. While any new pistol needs to be proven fit for carry, I think you can pick an off the shelf G17 and put it in your holster pretty confident that it will work properly without drama. I am fairly confident a new Colt will work okay, but each one really needs to be shaken out. I think it goes back to what a lot of folks on the forum say about 1911s for serious use. I make my choices and go through the process of vetting any Colt I carry or use for HD.

I recently traded in a 9mm Commander that ran great with ball ammo but was shaky with hollow points. I could have invested the time and expense to get it to run properly with HP ammo, but since my 9mm CCP is so solid I decided on another of those to keep with the concept of having a duplicate for practice.
    Last edited by Robinson; 05-29-2016 at 02:22 PM.

User Tag List