Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: David Spaulding "What The Hell"

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'm a huge fan of shemaghs on the range, but that's because I have Viking skin and go from zero-to-lobster in about 20 minutes of direct sunlight exposure. That said, I have to admit that I have started using plain khaki sweat rags instead of shemaghs just so I don't look like one of Those Guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They also keep brass out of your collar, especially wearing body armor. A towel works too.
    I'm gonna start a business, buying these and re-selling them as Genuine GI Drive On Rags.

(BTW, I found that by doing a search on Amazon for... "drive on rag."
    Last edited by Drang; 06-04-2016 at 11:48 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    If I forced to defend myself using a pistol, it will likely be from concealed carry; with a long gun, I will almost always have a plate carrier or other hard armor/"kit"--thus I train for pistol using CCW type gear and for long guns using armor/web gear. Seems pretty simple...
    Cannot comprehend why this does not make perfectly good sense to some...

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I'm gonna start a business, buying these and re-selling them as Genuine GI Drive On Rags.

(BTW, I found that by doing a search on Amazon for... "drive on rag."
    I need more of those, but at $6 a pop, it gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Yeah I think that Mr. Spaulding was making great points until he jumped the shark a bit when he started criticizing what people wear and especially people that ask what kind of holster he has..I mean really? Actually, I looked it up and he has a video extolling the virtues of said holster and advertising said freakin' holster...oops. Kind of ironic. He had a legitimate point and then I think he got a little too excited.
    In his Panteo videos he has a whole section about gear. He also talks a lot about his custom Glock. Including his sights with Ameriglo. I'm sure he doesn't mind when people buy those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Maybe I've still got a bad taste in my mouth from Spaulding's petulant meltdown when people asked him why he thought pressing a live pistol to a student's head for a photo op was justifiable, but this seems like more of the same. The fact that there are nuggets of real truth amidst the rant don't really outweigh the whining in my eyes.
    The cynic in me thinks he's discovered that a bit of controversy and contrarianism, be it putting your magazines on the belt backwards, putting photogs downrange, or "firing" customers in profane YouTube rants, paradoxically generates more business than it repels.
    Last edited by Tamara; 06-05-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I need more of those, but at $6 a pop, it gets old.
    See, I won't charge 5 bucks shipping for a seventy-five cent item. I'll charge 5 bucks for the drive on rag and ship for free! Plus a quantity discount!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    In his Panteo videos he has a whole section about gear. He also talks a lot about his custom Glock. Including his sights with Ameriglo. I'm sure he doesn't mind when people buy those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly!

User Tag List