Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli RMR

Benelli RMR

SteveB was gushing about his Benelli M2 Tactical, Scalarworks mount and RMR combo. Back in AK, with the Bears around, I decided to put together the same set-up. What is really nice is the Scalarworks mount is very low profile, lightweight, and gets the RMR low enough to work with factory aperture sights. The RMR is small enough, it doesn't block much when looking down range.

Here is my Benelli:

This afternoon, I did a walk back drill, shooting one Brenneke slug at 10, 20, 30 and 40 yards.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I continue to be impressed by Scalarworks; I now have mounts for the M2/RMR, T2 and MRO.

As you can see, my M2 has sights; the RMR sits low enough for a lower 1/3 cowitness.

Name:  m2 - 1.jpg
Views: 1734
Size:  78.6 KB

Well, that's a pair of REALLY nice looking scatterguns.

Are those factory mag tube extensions? I have a Benelli M2 and put on a Freedom fighter extension tube and follower. It would fail to feed on all rounds except for the heaviest Buckshot 00 loads I had. I have since removed the extension and the follower but havent had a chance to try it out yet...How do yours function with lighter loads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I continue to be impressed by Scalarworks; I now have mounts for the M2/RMR, T2 and MRO.

As you can see, my M2 has sights; the RMR sits low enough for a lower 1/3 cowitness.

Name:  m2 - 1.jpg
Views: 1734
Size:  78.6 KB
    That looks great. I wish I could have the same setup on my good ole' M1S90.

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by gqllc007 View Post
    Are those factory mag tube extensions? I have a Benelli M2 and put on a Freedom fighter extension tube and follower. It would fail to feed on all rounds except for the heaviest Buckshot 00 loads I had. I have since removed the extension and the follower but havent had a chance to try it out yet...How do yours function with lighter loads?
    Nordic Components:

https://nordiccomp.com/product-category/shotgun/

This setup shoots a range of loads without issue; the lightest stuff I've shot at matches is #8 target loads.

Quote Originally Posted by gqllc007 View Post
    Nordic's stuff is excellent! This is my M1 I use for 3gun and it wears a Nordic +9 and eats a steady diet of 1100 FPS target loads. Not a malfunction yet!

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    That picture reminds me that JDM/BOM was supposed to contact MatchSaverZ and see about the possibility of getting a run done in orange.
    I would take off the red and put and orange on!!!!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    SteveB was gushing about his Benelli M2 Tactical, Scalarworks mount and RMR combo. Back in AK, with the Bears around, I decided to put together the same set-up. What is really nice is the Scalarworks mount is very low profile, lightweight, and gets the RMR low enough to work with factory aperture sights. The RMR is small enough, it doesn't block much when looking down range.

Here is my Benelli:

This afternoon, I did a walk back drill, shooting one Brenneke slug at 10, 20, 30 and 40 yards.

Attachment 8227
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    That picture reminds me that JDM/BOM was supposed to contact MatchSaverZ and see about the possibility of getting a run done in orange.
    I will follow up on this tomorrow.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List