Thread: gruping to the left

gruping to the left

shooting and grouping to the left and having a hard time fixing this issue. right handed shooter, right eye dominant, thumbs foward grip consistently shooting/grouping to the left. any suggestions to erradicate this issue ? do i need more support hand pressure on the pistol? happens with all (MOST) of the pistols i shoot. looking to rub the Pistol-Forum bottle and get the magic answer!! thanks for the help!
    Last edited by irishshooter; 10-31-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    I feel that if a gun is good enough to protect something as important as a bar, then its good enough to protect my family. - Homer Simpson

more trigger finger contact?
    I feel that if a gun is good enough to protect something as important as a bar, then its good enough to protect my family. - Homer Simpson

With me, its the first (closest to palm) section, pad, area, whatever of the trigger finger that I need to make sure isn't touching the frame or when I flex the finger the flesh on that part of the finger bunches up and pushes the gun just a little left. Tom Givens calls it the finger bicep - you can see it flex if you just move your trigger finger back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    With me, its the first (closest to palm) section, pad, area, whatever of the trigger finger that I need to make sure isn't touching the frame or when I flex the finger the flesh on that part of the finger bunches up and pushes the gun just a little left. Tom Givens calls it the finger bicep - you can see it flex if you just move your trigger finger back and forth.
    it does look like a little bicep!. i try and keep this off the gun as well, but i may try even harder now to see if this makes a difference. thanks

Nothing glaring stands out - so that is a good thing. Have you tried adjusting trigger finger placement?

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Nothing glaring stands out - so that is a good thing. Have you tried adjusting trigger finger placement?
    going to try a little more trigger finger and be cautious of contact on the frame with the finger as well. after shooting a fair amount of 1911 i got accustomed to less trigger finger and this certainly could be part of the problem, but boy breaking old habits is freakin hard!

User Tag List