Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightforce 1-4 IHR (picture request)

I don't buy NF scopes for their reticles, until you get above 10X. I buy them for their bombproofness, in every way.

I have been using the standard mil-dot reticle in a 2.5-10 for a while, and find it as fast as any other NF reticle in the 1-4 or 2.5-10 family.

I find the IHR to be just fine, but if I wanted longer range ability (which I do) as well as close up speed, I would choose the Mil-dot for now.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I don't buy NF scopes for their reticles, until you get above 10X. I buy them for their bombproofness, in every way.

I have been using the standard mil-dot reticle in a 2.5-10 for a while, and find it as fast as any other NF reticle in the 1-4 or 2.5-10 family.

I find the IHR to be just fine, but if I wanted longer range ability (which I do) as well as close up speed, I would choose the Mil-dot for now.
    Roger that. I simply don't want something I have trouble picking up in the woods, house, etc rapidly.

I FINALLY tracked down a photo of the IHR on 1x.
    Now I just wonder...will this be fast enough up close for a home defense/wooded area rifle?

Can the ZS turrets be used without locking the clutch? Simply remove the caps after zeroing, orient them to "zero", and then use the turrets to dial for whatever your needs are, relying on the visual orientation of them vs. a physical "hard stop"? Basically ignoring the 4 screws under the cap.

Someone told me the ZS HAS TO BE used on the 1-4...but then how do you zero it?
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 07-05-2016 at 01:58 AM.

I had a line on an fc2, but it fell through. Still have zero hands on with the IHR. Anyone actually use one? Is it fast up close?

Laugh if you want, but I drew both of these reticles to spec, for 10 meter viewing, and looked at the FC-2 one through my FC-2 NF, and it was bang-on, except I suck at making circles, and the circle on my actual FC-2 was VERY SLIGHTLY thicker than the circle I drew. I suspect that NF fudged the spec on it a tiny bit, as at 10 meters, it should be 0.2" thick, as I drew it. The 2 MOA dot in the middle of my drawing was 100% perfectly sized to my actual reticle. as was the diameter of the circle around it. I would wager I got the IHR center hairs pretty damn close to actual.

Anyway, shocking, it was pretty much a wash, in my opinion, just looking at the two. I think the IHR might actually be faster due to the 3rd "main beam" on the horizontal plane providing another reference point to lead the eye to center.

Sadly, I was screwed over by the company I thought I was buying an FC-2 from a month ago, so I will end up getting a refund, or filing with my bank, and buying an IHR NF.

Don't laugh, this is what you do when you understand simple maths yet have no stores within 800 miles that carry the thing you want to fondle.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 08-09-2016 at 08:00 AM.

User Tag List