Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P30 and EDC

They are made from fabric similar to spandex, which hugs your body and wicks away moisture to keep you cooler.

Thanks for all the info. Has anyone experimented with sanding or smoothing the carry side panel? I don't really want to go this route but would be interested if someone has done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Thanks for all the info. Has anyone experimented with sanding or smoothing the carry side panel? I don't really want to go this route but would be interested if someone has done it.
    Yeah, it dulls the color a little bit, but it sort of helps. Spare grip panels are pretty cheap though, so if you don't like it it's not a big deal. The P2K is still quite a bit more comfortable against bare skin though IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Yeah, it dulls the color a little bit, but it sort of helps. Spare grip panels are pretty cheap though, so if you don't like it it's not a big deal. The P2K is still quite a bit more comfortable against bare skin though IMHO.
    I've considered resorting to a Hogue wrap around to overcome this issue, at times.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I've never found it to be a problem carrying a P30 under a t-shirt...but I'm also the kind of guy who glues sandpaper to the grip. I guess I'm just used to it.

I've never found it to be a problem carrying a P30 under a t-shirt...but I'm also the kind of guy who glues sandpaper to the grip. I guess I'm just used to it.
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    +2

I bought a 30ft roll of skate board tape a decade ago and I still have enough to last me into 2030.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Wait, you use sandpaper/skateboard tape, with it against your bare skin?

I've worn iwb on my love-handle side with no problem other than a rusty 1911 or P7m8 (eek!) and my hide never hurt me. I can't see how my P30 will rub me AIWB, but I don't have a "lunchbox belly" either. Either way, one's hide will toughen up with use.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    Wait, you use sandpaper/skateboard tape, with it against your bare skin?
    Yes. The skateboard tape is something I need to be able to get a good solid grip on the handgun and maintain it for multiple shots. My P30 and M&P's both wear skateboard tape in the smooth space just behind the trigger guard to assist with getting some purchase on the weapon.

It's never bothered me when the pistol is in the holster.

User Tag List