Thread: New Border Patrol Service Award Puts Agents’ Lives in Danger, Says Union

Site Supporter

New Border Patrol Service Award Puts Agents’ Lives in Danger, Says Union

Bill Jordan must be rolling over in his grave....

New Border Patrol Service Award Puts Agents’ Lives in Danger, Says Union

A new service award recently created by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for Border Patrol agents could actually put their lives at risk. The award recognizes an agent who does not use deadly force in a situation where they are confronted by an armed assailant.
    “They want us to put ourselves in a bad tactical situation,” National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran told Breitbart Texas in an interview Friday evening. “This could lead to one of our agents getting killed.”
    “This is a true indication about how the politically appointed leaders of the CBP truly feel about our agents,” he said.

Moran said he had not heard about the award before Cabrera brought it to his attention. “I can’t recall any official discussions between the union and the department over this,” he explained. “This is typical pandering by our executives to organizations like the ACLU and illegal alien advocates.”

The exacerbated leader of the NBPC which represents more than 18,000 men and women who protect our nation’s borders said, “They are more concerned about placating these groups than protecting Border Patrol agents.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/...er-says-union/

The Use of Deadly Force Encounter Averted award
    Wonderful, I feel warmer and fuzzier already.

The exacerbated leader of the NBPC
    Note to reporter. If you could spell in the first place, spell check wouldn't change words on you.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The stupid is strong with this! I've seen it elsewhere, including my old agency, but nothing so formal. I'm afraid it's becoming common to reward tactical mistakes that ended well due to luck.

Problem is, that sets the behavior as normal and expected, and luck only carries you so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    The stupid is strong with this! I've seen it elsewhere, including my old agency, but nothing so formal. I'm afraid it's becoming common to reward tactical mistakes that ended well due to luck.

Problem is, that sets the behavior as normal and expected, and luck only carries you so far.
    That and it goes both ways. At some point word will spread among the criminals that they will potentially have a free pass if they pull a gun on officers to assist in eluding.

Site Supporter
    It's the new world of policing gents. They are doing the same thing in Chicago. Every year we have an awards ceromony at a major downtown hotel. It's a big deal. All the movers and shakers in Chicago's elite are there. I remember Sintara singing at one to give you an idea how big a deal this is. Every year that I have attended there are a host of guys nominated for the top Award of Valor. The stories about the heroism some of these guys display will give you goosebumps. I mean multiple shooters being either arrested or shot by the police. Saving lives,gunfights, you name it. They created a new award this year called the "Tactical Excellence Award". It's an award for those that DIDN'T shoot when they were morally and legally justified in shooting someone. That award dominated the event. All those guys (and there are many) that were involved in gunfights received.....nothing.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    All part of the agenda to transform "Law Enforcement" into "Law Encouragement". Transform the police into an ineffective group of social workers, then convince the public to give up even more of their liberty to stop the resultant wave of violent crime. They'll never actually do anything to stop it, of course....too useful a tool. Ten years ago that would have sounded tinfoil-hat-ish.......now, it just sounds like deductive reasoning.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    All part of the agenda to transform "Law Enforcement" into "Law Encouragement". Transform the police into an ineffective group of social workers, then convince the public to give up even more of their liberty to stop the resultant wave of violent crime. They'll never actually do anything to stop it, of course....too useful a tool. Ten years ago that would have sounded tinfoil-hat-ish.......now, it just sounds like deductive reasoning.
    I saw that movie - A Clockwork Orange, wasn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Bill Jordan must be rolling over in his grave....[/B]
    Charlie Askins is gonna come back from the dead and bitch slap a few mofos...
    Last edited by Drang; 05-29-2016 at 01:31 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Whack jobs are running the asylum.

An armed assailant would not confront a cop unless he's willing to kill a cop.

Every sane person KNOWS to never hold a gun in the presence of a cop. This concept is more basic than elementary math. 2 + 2 = 4. Holding a gun in the presence of a cop will force the cop to take any and all necessary actions to assure he attends his kids' Little League games.

User Tag List