Thread: Help with front sight focus!

Help with front sight focus!

I've read and heard a lot about front sight focus and that you should focus on the front sight exclusively. I've having a problem doing that. ( I won't go into my issues with me being wrong handed and cross eye dominant) I see the front sight as I should, but I read that the rear sight notch should be blurry as you focus on the front sight. I can't get the rear sight to blur at all. I've been doing the wall drill as part of my dry fire training but I almost feel that since I can't blur out the rear sight, I'm reinforcing bad habits during my training program.
    Any suggestions?
    There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."-Ted Nugent

We are diminished
    Don't worry about what is or isn't blurry. Worry about what your eyes are actually looking at. If it's the front sight, you're good. Depending on the sight radius, distance from your eyes to the sights, amount of light, etc., your field of focus may be more than adequate to keep the rear sight in reasonable focus as well.

Thanks Todd!
    I was worried I was ingraining bad habits
    There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."-Ted Nugent

User Tag List