Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: media deception - again

Site Supporter

media deception - again

Katie Couric interviewed the Virginia Citzens Defense League recently and performed one of what has become, standard editing of any kind of pro-gun response. You can watch/listen to it here:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...activists.html

Of course, everyone knows it's true - it's Katie Couric - on tv. for Pete's sakes!

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Katie Couric interviewed the Virginia Citzens Defense League recently and performed one of what has become, standard editing of any kind of pro-gun response. You can watch/listen to it here:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...activists.html

Of course, everyone knows it's true - it's Katie Couric - on tv. for Pete's sakes!
    Not sure why folks on our side are treating Couric as if she is an influential journalist or should be taken seriously. She works for Yahoo, which is not exactly a highly respected news outlet. Her longest lasting gig IIRC was on Today, a morning fluff show, in the role of just being a personable face, not a journalist.

And what little cred as a serious journalist she ever had was pretty badly wrecked by that anti-vaccine hit piece she did a few years back. Even she admitted on Huffpo afterwards that it was biased.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Not sure why folks on our side are treating Couric as if she is an influential journalist or should be taken seriously. She works for Yahoo, which is not exactly a highly respected news outlet. Her longest lasting gig IIRC was on Today, a morning fluff show, in the role of just being a personable face, not a journalist.

And what little cred as a serious journalist she ever had was pretty badly wrecked by that anti-vaccine hit piece she did a few years back. Even she admitted on Huffpo afterwards that it was biased.
    Yahoo sucks and is always biased against right concepts.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Yahoo sucks and is always biased against right concepts.
    They're also sinking faster than the Titanic. Couric will be looking for a new job inside 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    They're also sinking faster than the Titanic. Couric will be looking for a new job inside 6 months.
    I hope so.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Ya know, years ago, when Couric's husband died, I felt sorry for her. She has used up all of that "sorry" and borrowed against all future "sorries" enough to break any bank. She's a bona fide media bee-atch.

Just a plug for VCDL - VCDL.ORG

If you guys are Virginians, PLEASE consider joining VCDL. It's $25/yr and absolutely worth every penny. They do the lions share of work for Virginians.

Their Lobby Day efforts and CONSTANT attention to VA gun laws and regulations are phenomenal.

Even if you're out of state, you could spend $25 worse ways, I assure you.

This Couric thing is national news because of VCDL pushing the story and holding them accountable.

VCDL.ORG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I wonder what kind of review this type of editing is given by those in charge of the organization and/or their lawyers before it is broadcast?
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 05-26-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Katie responds.

(Courtesy John Murphy)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Katie responds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4QSlSYeNBkI

(Courtesy John Murphy)

Rich - thanks so much for that - it's hilarious!

User Tag List