Thread: Mp apex duty/carry kit-different trigger pulls?

Mp apex duty/carry kit-different trigger pulls?

I've installed the apex duty carry trigger kit in both my full size and compact 9's. The compact gives a trigger pull weight of around 5.5 and the full size is around 4.5. I used the apex springs in both because I wanted around a 5.5 pull. The full size does have more rounds through it, could that cause the difference?
    Thank you

Beyond total rounds fired there's enough variation from gun to gun in exact shape and dimensions of the trigger bar loop as well as how it sits under the sear lobe (fully under or partially out from under) to account for a pound either way. The total amount of sear striker engagement can also vary enough from gun to gun to affect trigger weight.

All of that can be played with to get a feel that you want but takes a lot of tweaking and testing and might involve buying a few parts after you screw them up the first time (personal experience speaking there ).

I'll take your word for it! Thanks for the reply

Site Supporter
    Do you know if your full-size has the newer (post circa 2010?) sear housing with the larger sear spring? I had the opposite issue. My compact, purchased in early 2010, had the small sear spring, with block, and my newer full size (2012) had the larger spring. I switched out the striker block in the compact for the larger spring version, and both weights are around 5.5-6, which I like. The small sear return spring left things around 4.5 pounds -- a little too light for me.

There are some pics here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....nd-Reliability

You can probably contact Apex for additional help.

User Tag List