Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Switched to Double Action Semi-Autos --- Lucky Gunner

yeap. that video pretty much described why I'm a TDA guy as well. His manner of explanation is one I try to emulate myself when talking to people about TDA vs. Striker Fired, and why I'm so much not a fan of the latter.

The shout out to TLG made a little misty.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

DA/SA in the context of safety, I couldn't agree more. With the right pistol setup, SA after the first shot is worth the extra length and weight of the DA pull.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bet a PF dollar that these videos start a tidal wave of movement back to the DA/SA. Further, this wave is so strong it negatively impacts striker sales to the extent that, later this year, Glock hires Mr_White to make a video "fear not the striker pistol."
    As much as the idea appeals to me, I have 6 glocks, dozens and dozens and dozens of mags, multiple holsters, tons of spare parts... and I most certainly do not have the money to quickly gather the same amount of firearms or support gear for a SIG/Beretta/yada yada. Also - the HKs aside - they are too chunky AIWB carry on my frame.

I am the anti-cool, and thats OK with me.

That said, the appeal of TDA is twofold for me.... 1) AIWB safety and 2) Pretty princess factor (Beretta, SIG). Not necessarily in that order...
    Last edited by Nephrology; 05-25-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    lol, my heart says one thing and my mind/trigger finger says another brother.
    If you come out my way at any point, we'll fix that easily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    you have my number brother, I have been really upset with my trigger control lately.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 05-25-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bet a PF dollar that these videos start a tidal wave of movement back to the DA/SA. Further, this wave is so strong it negatively impacts striker sales to the extent that, later this year, Glock hires Mr_White to make a video "fear not the striker pistol."
    I sure as hell hope so. I'm going to be in the market for a P226 9mm soon, it appears, and I'd like the popularity to start now so when the sell off to chase the next great thing happens I can pick one up cheap.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I sure as hell hope so. I'm going to be in the market for a P226 9mm soon, it appears, and I'd like the popularity to start now so when the sell off to chase the next great thing happens I can pick one up cheap.
    We've probably passed Peak Legion, so start watching the For Sale subfora.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

While I ultimately came to run my old MP9FS quite well, I moved out of it and into a TDA main firearm for the same reasons as those expressed in the very well-done video...and also because I wanted to enjoy the challenge of mastering the (somewhat more complicated) TDA trigger system.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    The advent of the Gadget mitigates this to some degree but I have this nagging feeling that I could have an additional line of safety with AIWB carry by moving to LEM or DA/SA.
    An extra margin of safety is why I opted for the M&P with a manual safety in full size and Shield variants. I cut my teeth on DA/SA guns for 20 years and had mastered the DA shot but was lured to the dark side of having the "better" Apex'd SAO striker action of the M&P but wouldn't go down the road of no safety AND a lighter trigger.

YMMV for everyone but that was my solution to my perceived problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    you have my number brother, I have been really upset with my trigger control lately.
    Hold up now, I want (need) to play too. BT has my number.

User Tag List