Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Why I Switched to Double Action Semi-Autos --- Lucky Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    The more I read about the P250 series the more I want to try one. You can also convert the Beretta PX4 series to DAO, and their compact model, which is G19 sized, has been vetted extensively by Langdon in his excellent thread.
    I noticed that Beretta was no longer offering them in DAO mode from the factory, but was unaware of a conversion.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    You should never shoot a TDA this way. All group shooting should be 6 shots, DA/SA de-cock, DA/SA, de-cock, DA/SA de-cock.

This will pay huge dividends on your DA ability, and remove the concept of a "transition" from DA to SA. When people talk about the difficulty of the DA shot, or the difficulty of the transition, what they really almost always mean is that they really haven't put in the work, or don't understand what work to put in, or are just repeating junk they heard from other people who don't know.
    I've always made sure a significant majority of my handgun practice was done in a fashion akin to that. I'm not a rockstar, but I honestly don't even notice the DA pull or the transition. I stepped in a 1 1/2' copperhead at my folk's home place a few weeks ago and I nailed him in the neck on the DA shot without a thought to the trigger. Reholstering that 239 AIWB while I had the shakes sure made that hammer feel handy!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I noticed that Beretta was no longer offering them in DAO mode from the factory, but was unaware of a conversion.
    I was also unaware you could convert a PX4F to D, but the Beretta website does show the D model (along with F, G, and C (constant action, LEMish?)) as available.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/px4-storm-full/

I spend some time at the Beretta site, window shopping and do seem to remember they only showed F models (possibly G also) last fall, but by around December or January, the rest of the options seemed to show up again.
    Last edited by JTQ; 06-20-2016 at 06:14 AM.

Why I Switched to Double Action Semi-Autos --- Lucky Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Chuck,
    If you are looking for something like this, I'd encourage you to try the P250c. FCU and slide are stainless (not 100% sure about small parts). While not quite as easy to service as a Glock, the 40 total parts count for a hammer-fired DA gun compares very favorably to Glock's 34 parts. I ordered it with factory Sig night sights, replaced the front with an orange Ameriglo CAP, and did the red Sharpie thing to the rear vials. Sight picture is very similar to my Glock CAP/pro-operator set up, with the rear notch being a little narrower.

I'd love to hear your thoughts if you do wring one out.
    I have been looking at the p250c and wanted to ask if they have worked out the kinks that plagued the launch of the pistol? I am assuming so. Are there factors to look for when buying? (are NOS still hanging around or is everything new and "fixed"?) I know the p320 has some adjustments / improvements recently with slide stop / etc and didn't know if that worked its way over to the p250c. Thought you would be able to give some first hand experience. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JPedersen; 06-20-2016 at 06:56 AM.

We need more people like Chris doing youtube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I was also unaware you could convert a PX4F to D, but the Beretta website does show the D model (along with F, G, and C (constant action, LEMish?)) as available.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/px4-storm-full/

I spend some time at the Beretta site, window shopping and do seem to remember they only showed F models (possibly G also) last fall, but by around December or January, the rest of the options seemed to show up again.
    It's curious that the D and C models are available for the full sized, but not the compact.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    I have been looking at the p250c and wanted to ask if they have worked out the kinks that plagued the launch of the pistol? I am assuming so. Are there factors to look for when buying? (are NOS still hanging around or is everything new and "fixed"?) I know the p320 has some adjustments / improvements recently with slide stop / etc and didn't know if that worked its way over to the p250c. Thought you would be able to give some first hand experience. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of my decision to try the P250c was based on info I found here on P-F saying that Bruce Gray had said the bugs were fixed. Mine has been 100% so far (knock on wood), but I haven't run it exceptionally hard.
    It would probably be prudent to buy new instead of used, so that you don't get one of the early ones.
    Mine has the early slide release and take down lever. I'm planning to get another one for use as a dedicated training/dry practice gun. My understanding is that the new slide releases correspond with a slight change to the frame, and the frames are shared by both platforms. Those parts should be plug-and-play as far as swapping them out is concerned.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Just another DAO HD/SD gun owner chiming in. I shoot a 9mm 1911 in steel challenge and I would hesitate to carry a Commander with a heavier trigger but for my state of residence (CA). I went with a 9mm P2000 V2 and haven't looked back. I wanted a trigger that was a complete change from the 1911 since in steel challenge we're getting on the trigger fast with no question as to whether I'm breaking a shot (and sometimes a bit too fast is possible). The long LEM trigger is an extra measure of safety and I've come to love the little gun; like having my thumb on the hammer when reholstering and compared to the 1911 it feels like I'm drawing a water pistol; despite being a longish trigger the break is very predictable.

User Tag List