Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Switched to Double Action Semi-Autos --- Lucky Gunner

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    That being said, I never felt un safe or outgunned with my DAK (or the 96D I had prior to that). When you are stacked up with 8 other people running into a house, I felt a bit safer knowing some of my idiot co workers running behind me had a DAO/DAK trigger. When jumping out of cars, and shoving past people, and doing cop shit, I was glad to have the DAK for average shooters.

(I picked one up from Kieslers Police Supply on line for $398 shipped. Looks damn good. About 5 others were bought by coworkers, with 3 looking lightly used and 2 looking run over... But good deals are out there to be had.)
    Man, ain't that the truth. Your post made me think an incident that occurred over 30 years ago. We were clearing a house,looking for a man with a gun when I turn around and see my co-worker standing there with his brand new S&W 59 in his hand pointed at the back of my head and it's cocked. I won't repeat what I said to him but it wasn't pretty. I never went near any situation that he was involved in since.
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 05-27-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    ...and the belly grows faster than we would like to acknowlege!
    Hey, DUDE! I'm RIGHT HERE! Don't call me out like that...

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I would also like to add if your a gentleman with a little more love handle then is healthy, that iwb holster is gonna be pushed out which means the muzzle is pointed at your thigh.. see it all the time.
    Im going to test both methods again to see what I prefer. Appendix actually fits me better because I'm tall and built with low bf% so my chest drapes the shirt over my belt line. I'm just overly protective of where the muzzle is pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Im going to test both methods again to see what I prefer. Appendix actually fits me better because I'm tall and built with low bf% so my chest drapes the shirt over my belt line. I'm just overly protective of where the muzzle is pointing.
    Are you using a foam muzzle pad like JM provides? Helps quite a bit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    grab a wedge from JM and the muzzle should never point towards your man business or femoral

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    You mean like the S&W 3913?.....
    Or the P239?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    grab a wedge from JM and the muzzle should never point towards your man business or femoral
    For ME, "close" is scary enough.

For ME, "close" is scary enough.
    :-)

Life is all about "close". Sometimes it's good sometimes it's bad, but close still doesn't count.

Site Supporter
    ...and the belly grows faster than we would like to acknowlege!
    Amen to that!

Back to the original topic, please let me reiterate this question, specially for the SMEs:

What is the recommended manipulation of safety/decocker for a SA/DA pistol for a civilian shooter? Assuming defensive/combat use.
    Is frequency of decocking any different if it is a safety/decocker like the M9 or if is decocker only like the P226?

User Tag List