Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Switched to Double Action Semi-Autos --- Lucky Gunner

Why I Switched to Double Action Semi-Autos --- Lucky Gunner

Ernest Langdon posted this on his Facebook page and I thought I would post it here as well.

I think it's a very well done piece and it covers most of the reasons why I switched from Glock to Beretta's.

Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 05-24-2016 at 09:51 PM.

His videos are well done and present well thought out information. Thanks for posting this.

Chris's stuff is BY FAR my favorite stuff on the net.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

great post. Sums up the reason why I love lem and da/sa

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    great post. Sums up the reason why I love lem and da/sa
    haha. Was wondering how fast you would find this one. Almost text you the link.

ETA: Admittedly, I paused the video halfway through, raided my safe for a pizza gun to fondle, then finished the video.
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-24-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    haha. Was wondering how fast you would find this one. Almost text you the link.

ETA: Admittedly, I paused the video halfway through, raided my safe for a pizza gun to fondle, then finished the video.
    lol, my heart says one thing and my mind/trigger finger says another brother.

Very well put-together video, promoting the pluses of the TDA system.

It is unfortunate there are so many in the training industry who snub their noses at DA/SA guns. One of these days, I'm going to save enough pennies to hopefully take a class from Ernest Langdon and really learn how to more effectively run my P229.

Much like the guy in the video, I tried my hand with striker fired guns, but something kept calling me back to TDA as my preference. My introductory trip to the range had me renting a Glock 17, while my father brought along his Astra A-80. Though I shot the Glock better, I took more of an interest in the Astra. Suffice to say I seemed to develop a bit of a bias early on.

I've probably read Todd's topic on DA/SA guns at least thirty times (the initial posts), and regularly recommend it to anyone looking at picking up a TDA gun. It's nice to have such a wealth of information on DA/SA guns condensed to one topic, with fair consideration to the pros and cons of the system compared to striker guns.

While I doubt we'll ever see TDA guns go extinct, the fact that Sig and H&K are both fielding striker guns now, I would say signifies they may be relegated to the back rooms and dismissed as archaic like revolvers and 1911s.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

There's more in the series.

Site Supporter
    Chris' series of videos are all excellent. Perhaps the best firearms video blogger I've seen. If only a modern DA/SA single stack 9mm the size of a Walther PPS existed, that and an HK P30 9mm would be all I'd need for my self defense/carry needs.

Every gun shop employee out there should be watching Chris's videos as a guide on how to discuss firearms with normal people.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List