Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Let's talk about transitions

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Avoid Hi-Low transitions if possible. Shoot, Low-Hi instead if you can... That said, there are times when you have to eat it, in those cases, I think aggressively driving the gun to where you "think" the target is, is key - then clean up with an actual sight picture and let it rip.
    I'll add a good drill here:

Static paper with a mini-popper on each side. Shoot the paper twice, transitions to one of the poppers, back to the paper, to the other popper.
    (I set up the poppers so they don't fall)

I try to get alphas on the paper and am looking to get a transition to the steel ~.4s and no misses on the steel.

I let myself miss the steel a max of twice in practice - If I miss, then I'll add a penalty: shoot steel SHO/WHO or on a balance beam or something... I.e. something to pull myself back to the front sight.

What is the distance between the steel and paper? (Horizontal)
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    What is the distance between the steel and paper? (Horizontal)
    Paper is set at ~5' high at the shoulder... Steel is maybe 3-4' from the edge of the paper.

I mix it up, sometimes paper on the left with steel to the right, sometimes paper in the middle, sometimes paper on the right...

If it's not too much to ask Les, could you get some data (times) on A zone to A zone hits at different distances? Like 3,5,7,10 yards horizontally spread out but same distance from the shooter (like both targets set on the 10 yard line). If not its cool. I'm just trying to gather some times at known distances/targets from really good shooters (you!).
    Last edited by Luke; 05-30-2016 at 02:04 PM.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    If it's not too much to ask Les, could you get some data (times) on A zone to A zone hits at different distances? Like 3,5,7,10 yards horizontally spread out but same distance from the shooter (like both targets set on the 10 yard line).
    I should be able to do this Friday (running dot drills and some SHO/WHO later today...)

Just to clarify, do you mean transitions on static paper targets at 3,5,7,10 apart (horizontally) at some known distances? Like 5,7,10 yards?

Yes please! The simpler the better!
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List