Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TLG 2012-2013 SA/Warren 9 mm 1911 test pistol re-visited

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Happy to answer the questions, but while I will enjoy shooting it, the pistol is Todd's--I am just helping him care for it while he is away...
    Thanks for the thread. Curious to know whether the arched MSH / "short" trigger combo is preferable to you now even with iron sights. I have also only used a flat MSH and long trigger combo with 1911's, but really just by default because that's what most all "serious" 1911's come with these days. I've since found I really like the arched back strap of the M9. It points very naturally for me. Not apples to apples but the arched MSH seems as though it would be a closer feel to that.

I'm not Doc, but this is very much a personal thing.

I like the arch on the Glocks, on the Berettas, on revolvers and so on, but I cannot stand it on a 1911. It's narrow and ends up digging in my palm in the wrong way. Maybe it doesn't bother the doc, but it is a different animal than the arch found on other pistols.

"Curious to know whether the arched MSH / "short" trigger combo is preferable to you now even with iron sights."
    No. Not at all. I strongly prefer a flat MSH on iron sighted 1911's.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    I'm not a SME either but I agree it's a personal preference thing. I find myself swapping out the flat MSH for an arched housing on almost all of my 1911s. I've just always preferred the arched MSH.

But then, I'm in the minority of people who like the Glock grip angle.

User Tag List