Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.56/.223 Civilian Duty Loads?

Quote Originally Posted by Shumba View Post
    Please take note that the powder curve of these loads is optimized for 18-20" barrels.
    Shumba
    Just out of curiosity, and this might be a dumb question, but what exactly does that mean for shooting this load out of a 16" barrel?

Doc,

Have you seen/heard of any agencies/departments testing the new Hornady 75gr SBR load?

Finally found some in stock at a reasonable price to try with my 12" SBR (sits under the bed next to the shotgun). I have seen the Hornady gel pics and Molon has found good, reproducible accuracy. The promise of a projectile designed for the lower muzzle velocities seen from SBRs (albeit only to 200 yes), low flash propellant, and complete powder burn in a short barrel with less muzzle blast is very appealing but would like to see some outside confirmation of Hornady's results.

Hopefully this weekend I'll make it to range and take some iPhone slo-mo video of the SBR load compared to:
    BH 50gr TSX
    BH 77gr OTM
    Fusion 62gr
    Speer GD 75gr

Looking to see if muzzle flash is really reduced and will try some SPL measurements also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

Rem 62 gr CLUB is usually available.
    What is this?

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List