Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Aftermarket Glock Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    1911 has a manual safety, which is supposed to stay on until you've made a decision to fire. Also has a much shorter pull, a different animal than a Glock.

Ayoob has also recommended minimum pull weights on 1911's of 4 to 5 lbs for years.

Think of an M&P with a DCAEK vs an M&P with a FSS - I would only want an FSS kit with the manual thumb safety.
    At one point, Mas had a 7# rolling trigger put in his Lauck LFI 1911. I would love to shoot that gun sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Can one of you pistolero cats please remind me of what the total pull weight of an OEM glock gen 3 trigger with stock connector and then with a (-) connector is? Thanks
    Gen 3 with OEM trigger should be in the 5.5# range and a Glock minus connector should reduce the trigger pull approximately 1#.

Aftermarket Glock Triggers

Can one of you pistolero cats please remind me of what the total pull weight of an OEM glock gen 3 trigger with stock connector and then with a (-) connector is? Thanks
    Per my armorers manual, a minus connector with 24N (standard striker spring) and OEM return spring nets a pull weight of 4.3#-6.5# pull
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 05-27-2016 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks guys.

So if a stock set up with a minus connector gives a 5 to 5 1/2# trigger pull, is one out of the hypothetical liability danger zone? What is the purported safe minimum trigger weight anyway? With a 1911 a 4# pull is usually suggested, right?

I'm also thinking that short of a NY-1 spring (which may be too heavy, it is for my tastes), if one is using a minus connector, a lighter S trigger spring (as you know a heavier trigger spring lightens the pull; please correct me if Im wrong) should/may help put one in the #5.5 or even #6lb range if that's the magic number (but still keep more of a rolling break). I realize that there may not be a magic number and it may be something simply to be exploited by a damned lawyer based on the fact that parts were changed period. Ultimately I can get used to the stock 5.5# connector again, and this thread has gotten me thinking about trying it again, kicking and screaming a little.
    Last edited by DacoRoman; 05-27-2016 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks guys.

So if a stock set up with a minus connector gives a 5 to 5 1/2# trigger pull, is one out of the hypothetical liability danger zone? What is the purported safe minimum trigger weight? I'm also thinking that short of a NY-1 spring (which may be too heavy, it is for my tastes), if one is using a minus connector, a lighter S trigger spring (as you know a heavier trigger spring lightens the pull; please correct me if Im wrong) should/may help put one in the #5.5 or even #6lb range if that's the magic number (but still keep more of a rolling break). I realize that there may not be a magic number and it may be something simply to be exploited by a damned lawyer based on the fact that parts were changed period. Ultimately I can get used to the stock 5.5# connector again, and this thread has gotten me thinking about trying it again, kicking and screaming a little.
    I saw the pull weights, and I was like "Damn, that's not that light". The reliability of the system, to me should be the concern. I carry 1911s with trigger pulls lighter than that (factory). My Glock has a "Dot" connector, simply because I prefer how it feels. I would have no issues carrying a "-" connector. Would I say that everyone should us one? No! Many folks should focus on shooting well in the first place before they strive to solve a software problem with hardware solution . This applies to the NY spring too.

Thanks guys.

So if a stock set up with a minus connector gives a 5 to 5 1/2# trigger pull, is one out of the hypothetical liability danger zone? What is the purported safe minimum trigger weight anyway? With a 1911 a 4# pull is usually suggested, right?

I'm also thinking that short of a NY-1 spring (which may be too heavy, it is for my tastes), if one is using a minus connector, a lighter S trigger spring (as you know a heavier trigger spring lightens the pull; please correct me if Im wrong) should/may help put one in the #5.5 or even #6lb range if that's the magic number (but still keep more of a rolling break). I realize that there may not be a magic number and it may be something simply to be exploited by a damned lawyer based on the fact that parts were changed period. Ultimately I can get used to the stock 5.5# connector again, and this thread has gotten me thinking about trying it again, kicking and screaming a little.
    If you read the link to Ayoob writing on this topic that was provided earlier in the thread, you will see write that modifying the trigger from stock is more the issue. Lightening it vs the mass produced factory standard is more significant than making up a number at which it might be more contentious an issue.
    Last edited by Steaz; 05-27-2016 at 11:01 PM.

User Tag List