Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Glock Triggers

For me it's just wasted money beyond a "-" connector. I used to work for the folks that own Lightning Strike. SJC customs is upstairs and I know those guys well. I've played with an $1,800 factory ZEV gun (or was it Salient?) In any case, I've never felt a trigger from any of them that was markedly better than a shot-in OEM "-" connector setup. The Glock geometry just doesn't allow for it. Now, APEX in an M&P? You betcha! But the trigger/striker works differently there.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

As far as lightening your trigger getting you in a legal bind? I think it's far fetched.

A lawyer friend of mine and I have discussed things to that nature several times and he holds the opinion that if you use the gun in self defense, you're going on trial to decide whether your use of force was justified, not to decide whether or not you modified your gun.

If you get into a situation where an unintentional discharge gets you into the courtroom, then you could be looking at a different scenario.

BUT:

What if you carry a 1911 or an H&K with some concoction of springs, or a Sig with Gray Guns parts, or an M&P with Apex stuff? There is no criteria or standard for what is acceptable pertaining to the viability of your equipment or your competency to use it. Just like there are no rules of engagement.

Your best bet is have a damn good lawyer and deep pockets.

Site Supporter
    I don't use any complete aftermarket units, but all my Glock's are set up with a Ghost Evo Elite connector (fitted) with 6 pound trigger and striker springs. I've had no issue's with this set up (aside from one out of spec connector which Ghost promptly replaced) in 4 gun's with roughly 14,000 rounds between them.

I shoot two G19s that got a $.25 polish job and (-) connectors. But then I decided to buy a Hackathorn trigger kit from glocktriggers.com and put that in my training gun, just out of curiosity. The difference isnt earth shattering, that i can tell, but it is cool to have the option to just drop those beautifully polished parts in there, esp if you dont want to mess with a Dremel polish wheel and the Flitz. The Hack kit does come with a .5lb reduced power, 5lb striker spring. Both setups are very smooth and satisfying to me, with a small edge in refinement going to the Hack., which in the end may be due to the slightly reduced power striker spring, as my polish job was effectively done.

I have a gen3 G17 that I kitted out as a competition gun, with my own polish job and a Proctor Zev spring kit that came with a Zev connector. From the kit I used Proctor's "special striker spring", the Zev connector, and I cant remember if I also changed out the firing safety spring. The trigger spring I changed back to stock since the replacement made the take up too mushy. Anyway this trigger set up is so damn good to me that I wanna slap my momma. I only have around 2500 rounds through the gun with no issues except 3 light primer strikes that I got early on with, I think it was Aguilla. I wouldn't use this as a carry set up though.

As has already been pointed out I also think of a good holster as mandatory part of the Glock safety system.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    No, not for me. Holster is a de facto external safety. My Glocks either have that safety on, or they are being fired, or they are unloaded. No loaded pistol left unholstered. ARs either have safety on, or being fired, or unloaded. Don't see much difference.

Yes. I don't know why people think you can compare long guns with manual safeties to pistols with/without...holsters! Handguns go in holsters that cover and protect the trigger and trigger guard!

Site Supporter
    The comparisons made in the OP are apples to octopus. Long guns with exposed triggers and manual safeties vs handguns carried in holsters.

The 1911 is a century old design from the days when labor was cheap and skilled hand fitting was the norm. As GJM noted, people pay to increase reliability of 1911s, in the case of the trigger, by going to either hand fit tool steel parts or extremely high quality and tolerance tool steel parts like the C&S pre fit hammer and sear kits.

The Geissle AR triggers also use high quality, high precision tool steel parts vs most standard AR parts which are cast. While rare, there are documented cases of GI safeties and and hammers breaking.

No one has yet come up with a "better mousetrap" than Glocks OEM internals. There is only so much you can do with stamped sheet metal.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-24-2016 at 02:44 AM.

Some people seem pretty entranced by the whole transversely-flat trigger face thing.

...has anyone tried just taking a dremel to the stock trigger face?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    As far as lightening your trigger getting you in a legal bind? I think it's far fetched.

A lawyer friend of mine and I have discussed things to that nature several times and he holds the opinion that if you use the gun in self defense, you're going on trial to decide whether your use of force was justified, not to decide whether or not you modified your gun.

If you get into a situation where an unintentional discharge gets you into the courtroom, then you could be looking at a different scenario.

BUT:

What if you carry a 1911 or an H&K with some concoction of springs, or a Sig with Gray Guns parts, or an M&P with Apex stuff? There is no criteria or standard for what is acceptable pertaining to the viability of your equipment or your competency to use it. Just like there are no rules of engagement.

Your best bet is have a damn good lawyer and deep pockets.
    There is a difference liability wise between a professionally designed and built replacement trigger designed for duty use or defensive carry like the DCAEK and a so it yourself bubba trigger job.

There is also a difference between something like a drop in DCAEK and using drop in parts intended for competition only.

I have found the Gen4 with a "-" connector and a Gen3 trigger and trigger bar to be most acceptable.

All factory/oem Glock parts.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Some people seem pretty entranced by the whole transversely-flat trigger face thing.

...has anyone tried just taking a dremel to the stock trigger face?

There may be safety issues with that

User Tag List