Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BCM Gunfighter Stock

Site Supporter
    FWIW, I found the BCM stock somewhat annoying when used with a conventional QD swivel. However, if using 1" webbing, a Grovetec angled QD seems to work much better IMHO.

Name:  IMG_1748.JPG
Views: 1479
Size:  52.6 KB
    Last edited by Dave J; 05-24-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    I've been pleased with the BCM Gunfighter stock and I have a beard. However, I don't use a sling and I haven't shot a ton with it.

Other than a few hundred rounds and dry firing around the house; I can't remark much on it's performance other than I generally like it.

It did not pull facial hair and the small foot print on the shoulder is actually nice. I like how simple it is and it's light weight. Guys seem to get wrapped around the spokes about using the Firing Pin to remove the stock, but I have to ask under what conditions other than field stripping the gun would you remove the stock?

Also, I bought a CTR years ago ( and still own) and while I appreciate the friction lock on the buffer tube; I don't know that it's really offered any improvable difference. The QD sockets and the rubber butt pad were definitely more meaningful features in my opinion than the friction lock.

That being said, for posterity's sake (it seems SLG's made his mind up) I have lost beard hair to the CTR but I haven't to the Gunfighter.

That is worth more to me than the friction lock.

God Bless,

Brandon

ETA: FWIW, I know the Magpul stock being discussed in prior posts doesn't have a friction lock before any mentions it.
    Last edited by BWT; 05-25-2016 at 11:22 PM.

User Tag List