Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Magpul has a clothing line now

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Anyone buy the utility pants that can comment on the sizing/fit?
    Well, I bought them.

I got the pants and the shorts, 36 in waist on both, 32 length on pants. First item, 36 in waist on each fits differently on me, with the shorts being a hair tight and the pants being a bit loose. I'm hoping the latter will tighten up after washing, and am concerned that the former will do the same.

I followed the sizing guide to select my size. My ideal size is a J Crew 35/32, and I measured my waist to be 37" actual. Based on the size guide that should have put me squarely in the 36" waist size.

Attachment 12209

The pants are also a little too long, but that may have to do with sag due to the waist being a bit loose.

The overall fit is kinda Vertx-y with the tight thighs. The seat/crotch seems a bit short, even with them being a bit too big, as the rear waist sags lower and flares out further than I'd like while seated.

The rear pockets seem great, but I keep my wallet back there and the extra-deep pocket puts my wallet too low when seated. They are cargo pants, so I suppose the wallet will go in a cargo pocket.

Appearance-wise I like them. The rip-stops are visible, which may be off-putting to some looking for a non-miltaristic pant, but even my Wrangler MC Hammer pants have the rip stops visible.

I have a 6 hour drive to make today and I'm wearing the pants, pre-washing, so I'm sure I'll have more to say later.
    Last edited by rob_s; 12-08-2016 at 07:00 AM.

so it looks like almost as quickly as they came, the pants and shorts went.

shorts page only has one and it's on clearance
    https://www.magpul.com/apparel-gear/bottoms/shorts

pants page has two but neither of them are the ones I bought
    https://www.magpul.com/apparel-gear/bottoms/pants

Glad this got necro'd or I'd have never read VDM's hipster rant!

so it looks like almost as quickly as they came, the pants and shorts went.

shorts page only has one and it's on clearance
    https://www.magpul.com/apparel-gear/bottoms/shorts

pants page has two but neither of them are the ones I bought
    https://www.magpul.com/apparel-gear/bottoms/pants
    Glad to hear it. Maybe they’ll get back to their core products.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I like their Reflex pants. They wear just like jeans except much lighter for the summer.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

The sizing on the Reflex pants has been very inconsistent for me. The first pair I bought fit great. Ordered 3 more pairs and they all fit differently. Mostly way too big around the waist.

LA Police Gear is having a closeout sale on Magpul clothing. I've picked up several of their shirts for dirt cheap. Again, sizes run small.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    The sizing on the Reflex pants has been very inconsistent for me. The first pair I bought fit great. Ordered 3 more pairs and they all fit differently. Mostly way too big around the waist.
    I ordered the reflex shorts on sale. Got them and tried them on today. Site said order a size down if you’re not carrying IWB so I went with a 34. STILL way too large in the waist.

Thing is, they are kinda tight in the thighs. So I don’t think getting a 32 is the answer either. They are just cut weird.

I ordered the reflex shorts on sale. Got them and tried them on today. Site said order a size down if you’re not carrying IWB so I went with a 34. STILL way too large in the waist.

Thing is, they are kinda tight in the thighs. So I don’t think getting a 32 is the answer either. They are just cut weird.
    That's putting it mildly. I picked up a few of their shirts and pair of utility pants from a similar LAPG closeout sale back in September. The shirts run small but are acceptable (it's actually kind of nice, XL normally fits me like a tent); the pants are unusable. I'm not the biggest dude in the gym but I do squat on a regular basis - I could just barely wedge an iPhone 5 in the front pocket and after doing so, walking up a flight of stairs was VERY restricted. They were spot on re: the waist and inseam, but the thigh was WTF-small.

Thanks for the heads up re: the closeout @Drang. Debating whether or not I need more of the shirts.

#TacticalHipster
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List