Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul has a clothing line now

Magpul has a clothing line now

#RESIST

All the pants/shorts look hipster cut from the video's...not a single crotch gusset mentioned, that means I won't be able to sit down in them comfortably.

The Utility Shorts look promising though.

The "instructor polo" is essentially a tighter cut style of the vertx polo, except about $10 more from what I can tell (might be intro pricing)

The Mansfield short sleeve is promising, the "leather brown" is closer to "battle brown" or "patriot brown" that we've been seeing. I like the "new charcoal" - darker version of arc'teryx wolf.

Rainey shirt looks like a very expensive knock-off of most plaid shirts you can buy at sears or macy's on sale for $7.99.

Mansfield long sleeve in "bluestone" looks like a makeshift competitor to 5.11's chambray shirt.

I like that Magpul is going into a direction of functional clothing, that's cool. My prediction is that it'll be the 5.11 / honda civic of the tactical world in short order, good for them in terms of money, might be good for us because it forces 5.11 and other large companies to adapt and make better products.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I own a hoodie and a couple of their T shirts that I grabbed during a clearance sale. They are pretty well made and cut decently, actually. The cotton is thick and the ones I bought had pretty unobtrusive logos. Wouldn't pay full price but I am happy with what I got when they were on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    All the pants/shorts look hipster cut from the video's...not a single crotch gusset mentioned, that means I won't be able to sit down in them comfortably.
    They're pretty much the anti-hipster... They're slightly less baggy than wearing an old surplus tent for pants.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

I like that Magpul is going into a direction of functional clothing, that's cool. My prediction is that it'll be the 5.11 / honda civic of the tactical world in short order, good for them in terms of money, might be good for us because it forces 5.11 and other large companies to adapt and make better products.

I was waiting for another clothing line to come out so I can identify "switched on" people more quickly or without seeing the back window of their truck or the patches they put on their dog... Sorry, their GSD's harness.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    They're pretty much the anti-hipster... They're slightly less baggy than wearing an old surplus tent for pants.

I was waiting for another clothing line to come out so I can identify "switched on" people more quickly or without seeing the back window of their truck or the patches they put on their dog... Sorry, their GSD's harness.
    "Flex Pant"

Hipster fuck

"Utility Pant"

moar hipster fucks

Roll up the pant leg a bit on these and blamo you got insta-hipster-operator-type look.

Compare that to...

Kuhl revolvr

5.11 apex pant

VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I like what I see. I like that they have a more tailored fitted look. I'll prob get a few items.

Yeah... Those aren't the same at all. I get that anything we don't like has to be a hipster thing but the magpul pants are pretty close to the Kühl and others and purposely not restrictive like the actual hipster pants are. The other pics on the Magpul site have me thinking they're more like JNCO's than anything else. We all know that tactical fucks can't have fabric touching their legs despite 10 years ago wearing nuthuggers and yelling at kids with boot cut jeans.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I don't know what to think or say right now.

Way too "tactical" for me. I'm not wearing "tactical" clothes when I'm off. I'm not into playing "dress up tactical" to go run errands with my family.

JR1572

Magpul always had a clothing line, now they're just selling it direct
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Yeah... Those aren't the same at all. I get that anything we don't like has to be a hipster thing but the magpul pants are pretty close to the Kühl and others and purposely not restrictive like the actual hipster pants are. The other pics on the Magpul site have me thinking they're more like JNCO's than anything else. We all know that tactical fucks can't have fabric touching their legs despite 10 years ago wearing nuthuggers and yelling at kids with boot cut jeans.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    As I stated, seeing as how "crotch gusset" isn't even mentioned its a clear indication for me that I'm going to stay away.

I currently don't own a pair of pants that doesn't have them and won't be buying any until I see some good/positive/detailed reviews.

This is also a good time to point out that the gun industry needs to focus on the reason why people carry firearms/ccw and do tactical shit and stop trying to make a fashion statement. I don't give a fuck what brand/logo/style of clothing you wear, if it works specifically to do something (like the 5.11 apex/kuhl/etc) I mentioned then awesome, otherwise buy a real fashion label and quit being pretentious.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List