Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: glock sights

I may try out the warren's and paint the front orange. I love that touch, makes it fast to find the front sight.

I've been running my older G22 Gen3 since the end of January.

In 2004 I put Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eights with the standard (gasp!) .125 rear notch. I haven't painted anything on these (yet) and I'm not quite as fast as I was with Warrens (yet), but I have noticed I have a much easier (and faster) time making accurate shots, such as head shots on a B27 target, at distances of 25 yards and beyond.

I got quite used to running a .140 or .156 rear notch in the past few years. Going to a smaller notch has been interesting. Now I need to build up my speed at closer distances.

I actually asked Rick @ Ameriglo if we would ever see a .125 width ProGlo or if it was too thin to paint. He said they tried and it wasn't a success.

I went with the Warren Tacticals on my G34 and have been very pleased with them. I painted the back face of the front sight first with white Liquid Paper, which served as a sort of a primer base (and also eases removal if you don't like the final result), and then applied a coat of Testor's Neon Green. This has really assisted and speeded up my sight acquisition on an already great design.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I actually asked Rick @ Ameriglo if we would ever see a .125 width ProGlo or if it was too thin to paint. He said they tried and it wasn't a success.
    I feel bad, I keep bugging the poor guy asking about my FNP sights. Good guy, and very responsive!

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    I feel bad, I keep bugging the poor guy asking about my FNP sights. Good guy, and very responsive!
    Yes, but I eagerly await the day the product descriptions and pics actually match the item. They know it and have been "working on it" (but really nothing has changed) for a really long time now. They are also transitioning the rear sight profile to a ledge rather than slanted but there's no guarantee which you will get when you order until all the slanted ones are gone. This has been going on for a long time too.

I love the product and love the service they give you but it would make life easier if it was all just spelled out clearly up front, no backside service would be required.

I am liking the warren 3 dot sights.
    Chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Yes, but I eagerly await the day the product descriptions and pics actually match the item. They know it and have been "working on it" (but really nothing has changed) for a really long time now. They are also transitioning the rear sight profile to a ledge rather than slanted but there's no guarantee which you will get when you order until all the slanted ones are gone. This has been going on for a long time too.

I love the product and love the service they give you but it would make life easier if it was all just spelled out clearly up front, no backside service would be required.
    I wish the FNP had options more than just "yes" or "yellow/green" but at least there IS 'yellow/green'. (crossing my fingers for Friday.)

User Tag List