Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK VP40 Level II Holsters?

That's what I was hoping by posting in this forum. Safari land isn't showing any retention holsters for the VP40. The VP9 is smaller. I didn't think I'd run into this problem because I had heard the LE agencies all over were using them, so I figured they would have some ideas for level II retention. Hopefully, someone out there can help. Thank you, Luke.

HK VP40 Level II...

Thanks to everyone for their posts. However, I had checked Safari land and all they have is the 579 GLS. I'm not sure about the release for that holster, but I guess, right now, I can't be to particular. It's not Level II, but better than nothing.

Is there anyone out there that has used this holster that has an opinion about the release mechanism? Thanks in advance.

I like the looks of this but it doesn't accommodate the VP40.

Site Supporter
    You might check blade tech. They have a listing for the VP9, but I have no idea if it's a 9 or 40.

Do you have any other pistols that you can carry?

Quote Originally Posted by jtblack86 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their posts. However, I had checked Safari land and all they have is the 579 GLS. I'm not sure about the release for that holster, but I guess, right now, I can't be to particular. It's not Level II, but better than nothing.

Is there anyone out there that has used this holster that has an opinion about the release mechanism? Thanks in advance.
    I THINK southnarc is saying the GLS is pretty legit. Let me see if I can find the thread.

Edit: here she be!!

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Safariland-537
    Last edited by Luke; 05-22-2016 at 07:45 PM.
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    One possible problem with the GLS is they don't have one with a duty holster width attachment for the VP40.

Can you buy these separate with safariland and switch them out?

Looks like a FNS gls holster worked for somebody's VP40.. Not sure if other safarilands will work. Do you have a good gun store with safariland gear you can just go shove your gun into and see what works
    i used to wannabe

Unfortunately, I don't have any gun stores close. I know, it sounds pretty bad, but that is the case. I've reached out to HK and hope to hear something from them as well.

With law enforcement increasingly moving away from the .40 and more towards the 9mm, I think this may be a trend. I doubt Safariland feels there will be enough LEO interest in this gun to design a holster around it. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised.

While not LEO-specific, I've had both Blade-Tech and Olen Holsters make holsters for my VP40. I'm particularly pleased with Olen's efforts-I had them make an OWB first and then an IWB. Their customer service, flexibility and turn-around times are commendably short.

Best, Jon

User Tag List