Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows ten bs

If it ain't broke, don't fix it unless you know how to fix what you fixed. I've had to roll back a few Win10 upgrades for people because they broke compatibility with some hardware devices or piece of software. I get the 'should I upgrade to Windows 10?' question on an almost-daily basis at work (I manage computer networks), and my answer is:

Windows 7 will continue to be supported with security updates until 2020, according to Microsoft's lifecycle schedule. For most people, Windows 10 will not do anything better for them than Windows 7 already does. Avoid the headache...unless you have a Windows 8/8.1 machine. Then by all means, upgrade that sucka.

I use Mac 90% of the time, but I do use Windows 10 on my surface pro for work presentations. I have had zero issues with Windows 10. I updated to it when it first came out. But, I don't use it for everything, just limited applications. Also, I've gotten in a habit of starting it up and checking for updates and doing the updates before I try to start using the computer for anything.

User Tag List