Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows ten bs

Windows ten bs

So I made myself a drink and left my computer alone for about 4 minutes. I have a pretty high end gaming pc that uses windows 7 pro 64 bit operating system and when I walked back it was trying to auto update to windows ten. I tried to use the power button on my pc to stop the update, no dice. I had to physically unplug my pc from the wall to get the download to stop. I am really pissed off right now. It is not that windows 10 is bad, it is the fact that I didn't choose to do the update. what in the hell is Microsoft thinking?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    So I made myself a drink and left my computer alone for about 4 minutes. I have a pretty high end gaming pc that uses windows 7 pro 64 bit operating system and when I walked back it was trying to auto update to windows ten. I tried to use the power button on my pc to stop the update, no dice. I had to physically unplug my pc from the wall to get the download to stop. I am really pissed off right now. It is not that windows 10 is bad, it is the fact that I didn't choose to do the update. what in the hell is Microsoft thinking?
    Happened to my wife's machine last night.

However, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-or-windows-81

God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Easily Control Automatic and Unwanted
    Windows 7 & 8.1 Upgrading to Windows 10

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm
    Last edited by mark7; 05-19-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    Easily Control Automatic and Unwanted
    Windows 7 & 8.1 Upgrading to Windows 10

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm
    This. Microsoft is so aggressive with the update thing it was making me furious. This fixed it. And my SO's PC has not had a working start menu since we upgraded her's to Windows 10. I don't plan to update mine until they stop supporting 7.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

While I get the issues with Microsoft forcing unwanted OS revisions, I will say that Windows 10 is much more stable on my three high-end laptops that I use for my engineering business. I used to run Dell Precision laptops until I learned the pricing on the equivalent Alienware (now owned by Dell) machines is much better. I have three Alienware machines, two M17Xs and one M13, and all are much faster with Windows 10 than with Windows 7 Professional. The new OS is also much more stable.

You reckon you've got it bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMPeTrHNX1U

I have to admit, I dragged my feet. (Completely skipped over 8). Windows 10 is relatively good. But they do take things away from you. No more Windows Media Center for instance (plus a few others). I was glad I caught it in time before our TV PC upgraded!
    Last edited by -ad-; 05-19-2016 at 05:32 AM.

I've heard some people theorise that Windows 10 update was created by a female because of the endless nagging...

But I reckon it's been done by a male.... easier to do it, and then ask forgiveness later than ask permission.

Site Supporter
    This just happened to my wife an I. The laptop was brutally slow and glitch with 10. I started a system restore and in the same control panel folder there was a nice handy 'uninstall windows 10' button that got me back to normal in about 45 minutes.

I'm happy a recent update in 10 fixed the problem of importing photos from my iPhone.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Windows ten has had issues running a lot of the games I enjoy playing. Not sure why that is but I do not feel like experimenting with it again.

User Tag List