Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Venezuela (tick tick tick...)

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/29/vene...rm-sector.html

The government of Venezuela has issued a decree that “effectively amounts to forced labor” in an attempt to fix a spiraling food crisis, according to a new report from Amnesty International.

A Venezuelan ministry last week announced Resolution No. 9855, which calls for the establishment of a “transitory labor regime” in order to relaunch the agricultural and food sector. The decree says that the government must do what is “necessary to achieve strategic levels of self-sufficiency,” and states that workers can be forcefully moved from their jobs to work in farm fields or elsewhere in the agricultural sector for periods of 60 days.
    #RESIST

“transitory labor regime” in order to relaunch the agricultural and food sector. The decree says that the government must do what is “necessary to achieve strategic levels of self-sufficiency,”
    You know you're up to your neck in a totalitarian regime when they start trotting out a certain dogmatic style of justifying their actions...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You know you're up to your neck in a totalitarian regime when they start trotting out a certain dogmatic style of justifying their actions...
    Same as it ever was..... This latest proclamation from the Maduro regime reminds me of Khrushchev's failed Virgin Lands campaign.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Some things never change..Communism is one of them...

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Some things never change..Communism is one of them...
    The "right" people haven't been in charge, I've been told.

It should be heartwarming to the populace to be working shoulder to shoulder with their elected officials and heads of government agencies!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    The "right" people haven't been in charge, I've been told.

Yup, anytime you corner a commie and point out all the past failures of communism, The reply you get is almost robotic.. "It wasn't true communism" "They did'nt go far enough" " The right people weren't in charge" yeah, right..whatever.

ETA
    IMO, communism is a system of death..step out of line far enough, and you either end up in front of a firing squad, or sent to a gulag, where the hope is that you'll be worked to death..if you do manage to survive, you'll come out a broken man, one who will do as he's told.. The fact we have about half the country pining to be commies, despite communism's known past history is something I can't grasp.. My only answer is that, yes, people are really that stupid..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-11-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Venezuela (tick tick tick...)

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Yup, anytime you corner a commie and point out all the past failures of communism, The reply you get is almost robotic.. "It wasn't true communism" "They did'nt go far enough" " The right people weren't in charge" yeah, right..whatever.

ETA
    IMO, communism is a system of death..step out of line far enough, and you either end up in front of a firing squad, or sent to a gulag, where the hope is that you'll be worked to death..if you do manage to survive, you'll come out a broken man, one who will do as he's told.. The fact we have about half the country pining to be commies, despite communism's known past history is something I can't grasp.. My only answer is that, yes, people are really that stupid..
    A good retort would be to tell them that they’re not smarter than Lenin or more ruthless than Stalin (or Mao, Pol Pot, Ceaucescu, etc).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 07-11-2019 at 12:14 PM.

"Amateurs. Don't they know they've got to dress the part to be effective?"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Hmmm, curious.
    I wonder if there isn't an Intelligence Officer somewhere in the shadows of all this. "Don't worry Bro, anything goes wrong, I got your back on this. Me and the entire weight of the US Government will move heaven and earth to get you home".
    And then his cell number was no longer in service.

Naah, never happen.
    I told my wife, "If, IF, someone in the CIA is behind this, it's some rogue dude in the Argentinian office who is bored off his gourd."

This strikes me as pretty much just Oath Keeper'ish-type behavior. Where someone thought, "Fuck it, let's go cause a little ruckus."

Shame, people with those kinds of talents could do productive things with their time, than undertaking a poorly planned operation - https://www.freeburmarangers.org/

User Tag List