Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Blasting Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    Thanks! Getting better!

That is news to me, Mustang Munitions. I need to try some. I do reload my .38s unless I get a lazy streak and...er...Replenish my Bras.... Yeah... that's it...

Who is carrying the Mustang Munitions brand around B'ham?
    Hoover tactical (another store with decent selection in Hoover and indoor range) is the only people I know of. They were using it for theeir rental guns but I think just switched to summit for the better brass return savings. They have huge money in manufacturing equipment so their selling more than just walk ins.. Just not sure where.

http://mustangmunitions.com
    i used to wannabe

Thanks, kind sir!

That is a place I try to avoid. It gets hard on my wallet when I wander in there!

I appreciate you letting me know about them, I can use all the options I can.

I'm glad someone brought this up. I'm looking to buy 10k rounds (hopefully this weekend if shipping is free). Been watching wiki arms for cheap 9mm. I did freedom munitions before- 115 reman- but they were so soft shooting that I would get an occasional FTE out of the HK’s (which generally like a hotter round). Anyone try any of the reman stuff from Fedarms?

I might actually just pay the money and go with good ol' UMC or WWB.

I reload but sometimes the minimal savings in 9mm is not worth the time- or I'm just lazy. Now .45 on the other hand...

Site Supporter
    IME both Freedom and UMC have issues with poor QC.

I've personally seen multiple squibs with freedom 9mm. No thanks.

Russian steel case other than Tula or SG ammo has blazer brass for $199 /1000

I'll never buy freedom again after getting 5-6 hang fires out of the last case I purchased. Received no response from customer service after reporting the issue

S&B, mag tech, Aguila, and Geco have all sold me good 9mm range ammo relatively recently. I have gone through a lot of blazer brass recently in both 45 and 9 and have not liked it at all. It's not a screaming deal but right now I'd buy sg's American eagle 124s at $220 a case.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    S&B, mag tech, Aguila, and Geco have all sold me good 9mm range ammo relatively recently. I have gone through a lot of blazer brass recently in both 45 and 9 and have not liked it at all. It's not a screaming deal but right now I'd buy sg's American eagle 124s at $220 a case.
    All the brands you mentioned are good to go but none are in stock. blazer brass isn't great but it beats freedom munitions by a long shot.

I hope we are not seeing the start of another ammo drought.

There were 9 cases of the FAE in stock at sga when I posted.
    Ignore Alien Orders

SG has been pretty hit/miss for the past year or so from what I've seen. Best thing to do is to sign up for their email list and buy when you get notice from that

I've found magtech at 199 a case pretty consistently from them

Site Supporter
    It not just S&G - I see the same with others lime AIM surplus etc. They seem to be selling out faster and faster as 2016 progresses.

User Tag List