Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Blasting Ammo

Cheap Blasting Ammo

Is there a functional difference between these two? Is the Tula with a silver colored alloy safe for polygonal barrels?

Tula 9 mm

Wolf Polyformance 9 mm

http://www.universalammo.com/products/#!/9mm-Match-and-Practice-Grades-1000-$189-$475/p/62116857/category=0
    i used to wannabe

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Between Wolf and Tula I would take Wolf any day. I've had lots of issues with rock-hard primers with Tula, as well as obviously out of spec rounds. I have shot tens of thousands of rounds of Wolf 9mm and had zero issues. YMMV.

Shot in the dark....Does anyone have a source of cheap .38 special or 357 mag? Reman would be OK as long as it's a reliable source. I know of freedom munitions, but wondering if there are any others out there. Thanks!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiral View Post
    Shot in the dark....Does anyone have a source of cheap .38 special or 357 mag? Reman would be OK as long as it's a reliable source. I know of freedom munitions, but wondering if there are any others out there. Thanks!
    I have been satisfied with my freedom munitions .38. Have shot probably 2-3 cases worth of it. No idea about their .357.

Precision Delta has cheap reloaded wadcutters for something like $225 per thousand (if memory serves me right).

Zero makes some cheap awesome stuff in 38 specail. It's like $12 per 50 here.
    i used to wannabe

Awesome thank you guys!! Gotta stock up while the getting is cheap

Wolf doesn't make ammo, they just sell it. Tula used to be a big supplier for them.

Lately I've heard from friends of serious issues with Tula, including blown up carbines. I've never had an issue with any of the Russian ammo, but I know other people have.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    I was in a class a couple weeks ago and a guy shooting Tula 9mm had constant failures to fire. At least 10% of the rounds, but probably closer to 20%. Seemed to be due to hard primers.

My local Wally World has a never ending supply of Federal Aluminum so I've been shooting it recently. It's cheap(ish) and always goes bang.

User Tag List