Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hands hurting with grip tape!

Thanks for the reply alma. I love the grip and definitely do not plan to alter it in any way. If anything I want to try the rougher one. The issue isn't Titty skin or blisters, it was my calluses were doing funny things. Shaved the one that was bothering me and shot 300 rounds last night and my hand feels fine. I think I did a poor job of wording what was happening, a lot of people have thought it was too rough and that's what was hurting.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Thanks for the reply alma. I love the grip and definitely do not plan to alter it in any way. If anything I want to try the rougher one. The issue isn't Titty skin or blisters, it was my calluses were doing funny things. Shaved the one that was bothering me and shot 300 rounds last night and my hand feels fine. I think I did a poor job of wording what was happening, a lot of people have thought it was too rough and that's what was hurting.
    It helps... Right?

Bought a set of Granulated Talon for my G17.... Lasted 3 hours (Range trip) . Ripped them off and threw them in trash (Like handling sandpaper). Bought Rubberized , LOVE THEM !
    Last edited by Kennydale; 05-19-2016 at 05:57 PM.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    It helps... Right?
    So far so good. Shaved that sucker down and have been hitting the lotion extra hard lol
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    I wash/sanitize my hands about three zillion times a day so in spite of about 3 days a week at the gym, I have girly hands...which explains why I don't like 20lpi checkering

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I wash/sanitize my hands about three zillion times a day so in spite of about 3 days a week at the gym, I have girly hands...which explains why I don't like 20lpi checkering

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk
    I'm polar opposite. I try my hardest to not wash my hands during the day. It always happens atleast twice.
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I'm polar opposite. I try my hardest to not wash my hands during the day. It always happens atleast twice.
    Lol, I'm not a germaphobe...it's more of an occupational requirement (wounds full of MRSA, C. Difficile, VRE, TB, heavy trach secretions and open abdominal wounds are all things I get my hands in and around)

...but I tend to like rubber grips because of mah girly hands [emoji1]

Yea I knew you were a *insert medical name here*. I'm a doctor as well, my patients are just a little different than yours lol.
    i used to wannabe

If you're brave and in a hurry, a battery powered dremel with a sanding drum can knock them down pretty easily as well.
    Memento Mori

I soak my hands in epsom salt and warm water for 20 minutes before shaving calluses with a pedegg.

I used to trim calluses with a razor blade, but now I just work them a couple times a week with the pedegg.

https://www.amazon.com/Pedicure-Foot...R4TG5VC406QXZW
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

User Tag List