Thread: CHP/Oakland, CA ... for discussion

CHP/Oakland, CA ... for discussion

Not a use of force video; well not by the cops.

http://kron4.com/2016/05/13/people-b...-east-oakland/

A couple things ... These Side Shows are pretty large crowd-wise, LOTS of people, vandalism to marked units, shots being fired, everything being recorded. People Behaving Badly is the name of the segment the reporter does.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Not a use of force video; well not by the cops.

http://kron4.com/2016/05/13/people-b...-east-oakland/

A couple things ... These Side Shows are pretty large crowd-wise, LOTS of people, vandalism to marked units, shots being fired, everything being recorded. People Behaving Badly is the name of the segment the reporter does.
    There is a reason CHP is being brought into Oakland to supplement OPD. Oakland is essentially the Baltimore / Detroit of the west coast.

For example, this is from back in 2006 when I was still working over there:

Site Supporter
    It is absolutely disgusting that this is allowed to take place. I'm not second guessing the Officers involved but the Command Staff and the political stucture need to forumulate a plan to stop it. But then again, seeing what I see here in Chicago, maybe they are OK with it happening. They are not after all, the ones being ambushed or stuck inside that Police car.

Escape From New York is starting to look like a documentary at this point...

Thankfully,there was no police militarization going on.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Things like that tend to happen in locations not down here.

Sideshow like this? Business as usual..

Go to any intersection in Oakland that is big enough and you will see donut/wheel marks. Also you can find the same on the surface of 880 or 580.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Things like that tend to happen in locations not down here.
    Why is that? What's your formula for success?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    We had similar b.s. to Oakland attempt to start. Formula....intolerant police + intolerant public who support police being intolerant + making f-ing with the police painful + evil police stuff like a tow truck and intolerant police taking your car out of your driveway as evidence the next morning while you are eating a breakfast burrito and laughing about "getting away with it" with your friends, and it stops.

Oakland and many areas now lack many parts of the formula and once it gets to the point it is now, it will likely never get fixed and mob rule.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 05-19-2016 at 05:39 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Im gonna guess prosecutors and the courts backing up the police in ensuring swift and certain consequences.

Two things I know are lacking in Oakland.

User Tag List