Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody tried the Ruger GP100 10-shot .22?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    There are a couple of guys that I shoot steel with running 617's with 8 pound DA triggers. The guns are ammo specific at that weight but run reliably within their ammo limitations.
    I assume they're using Apex Mass Drivers? I'm not aware of a equivalent for the Ruger GP or LCR. Or anything that's not a 617 though.

As far as the guns being picky, just like centerfire firearms there seems to be a direct correlation between the amount of tinkering done to the gun vs the reliability.
    I'm sure amateur gunplumbing doesn't help, but there's a lot of shooter overlap and when their centerfire guns work and the rimfire guns don't...

If I attended the dedicated rimfire match I would probably see more .22s that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    This is a thing? You have my attention.
    I believe there are a good number of manufacturers that offer instructor discounts as the club I belong to picked up shotguns, 22 bolt guns and I think air pistols for the youth programs. Google "NRA instructor discount" and you should get a bunch of hits.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I assume they're using Apex Mass Drivers? I'm not aware of a equivalent for the Ruger GP or LCR. Or anything that's not a 617 though.

I'm sure amateur gunplumbing doesn't help, but there's a lot of shooter overlap and when their centerfire guns work and the rimfire guns don't...

If I attended the dedicated rimfire match I would probably see more .22s that worked.
    I wasn't aware Apex had a kit out for the K frames. I'll have to look into that.

.22's are notoriously dirty to shoot. Even so I've had close to 6000 rounds through my Mark 2 and it was still running, albeit sluggishly. Some of the aftermarket barrels are made of softer metal and the chambers and ramps tend to develop gouges and flaws once the round counts start climbing. Couple that with springs getting cut or lighter ones being installed with an eye towards trigger weight vs reliability and the issues start to stack.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List