Thread: Tritium vial drifting out?

Tritium vial drifting out?

I've got a set of Ameriglo Operators on my G19Gen4. I just ran 115 rounds through it yesterday (approximately 780 total by now) and I noticed this morning, while doing some dry fire practice, that the tritium vial had started drifting out. Fortunately/unfortunately I was able to push it back in with my thumbnail so that its flush again with the front sight face. Has anyone ever experienced that before?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  16.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  16.3 KB

Attached is one image showing the tritium vial starting to poke out. The other is a picture of after I was able to push it back in with my thumbnail. It didn't seem to take much effort at all for it to go back in. I probably only have around ~600 rounds through the sights.

I am starting to get concerned with Ameriglo, makes me glad I'm struggling to love the HDs

I've seen this multiple times on M&P pistols a few years ago. I can't remember the sights vendor, but it wasn't AmeriGlo. Aray and orionz_06 have both seen it too.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I had it happen with a Springfield 1911. They were willing to warrantee it, but it was my only gun at the time. I used a dab of crazy glue and its still in there thousands of rounds and many years later.

Huh, ok. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Not sure if I'm going to try the loctite fix or have it warrantied. Seeing as how this is the 3rd random issue I've run into with their stuff though, I'm tempted to go in a different direction altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by The Katar View Post
    I've seen this multiple times on M&P pistols a few years ago. I can't remember the sights vendor, but it wasn't AmeriGlo. Aray and orionz_06 have both seen it too.
    What I was told was that Trijicon installs the tubes. My Warrens on a few M&P's did this and more recently they happened with some other brand to a friend. I'd not contribute this to Ameriglo unless they choose not to replace them.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What I was told was that Trijicon installs the tubes. My Warrens on a few M&P's did this and more recently they happened with some other brand to a friend. I'd not contribute this to Ameriglo unless they choose not to replace them.
    Well I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say. Regardless of how they handle it, I'm still tempted to move on to something else. I love some of their concepts and the price point that they come in at, but the little quirks that I've run into with their stuff, intentional or not, is somewhat off putting.

I've had this happen on Warrens for an M&P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    My concern with this situation is not only the security with which the tritium vial is held in place, but also the extent to which the shock absorption around the vial may have been compromised. Even if the vial can be re-secured back in place, I question whether it would last as long, particularly on a gun that is shot frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    My concern with this situation is not only the security with which the tritium vial is held in place, but also the extent to which the shock absorption around the vial may have been compromised. Even if the vial can be re-secured back in place, I question whether it would last as long, particularly on a gun that is shot frequently.
    I contacted AmeriGlo today and they issued an RAN number and stated that turn around time shouldn't be more than 5 days. Considering that Trijicon installs the vials and the length of turn around time, I'd say that they're most likely going to just flat out replace the front sight. So far they're handling the issue well, but it's pretty early. We'll see how it goes. I'll have the front sight in the mail to them in the next day or two.
    Last edited by spinmove_; 05-16-2016 at 05:03 PM.

User Tag List