Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Herpestes edwardsii

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Well, you could buy five or six of them for the price of one korth so....
    If in fact the Korth is truly better by enough to justify its cost (and I am in no position to say whether or not that is the case), then if I had that kind of money budgeted, I would rather have one really nice gun than several not as nice guns.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    is 'smoking bath salts out of an improvised crack pipe made from a light bulb and some aluminum foil' levels of fuckery.
    We should hang out.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I used to drive around in a $1250 Mustang with pocket knife that costs what the car did.
    We should hang out.

KE2: YA ZE BARREL IS RAILS
    That killed me right there!

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    For better or worse I can see myself buying the mongoose. I make no apologies. But this shit right here:

This is 'smoking bath salts out of an improvised crack pipe made from a light bulb and some aluminum foil' levels of fuckery. There's just no other way this happened.

Korth Exec 1: Hans, ve need zee American dollars.
    Korth Exec 2: *huffing furiously on pipe*
    KE1: HANS!
    KE2: VHAT?
    KE1: American dollars.
    KE2: Ze Americans like "tactical".
    KE1: *huffing furiously on pipe*
    KE2: Ve put ze rails on it
    KE1: Ze rails?
    KE2: *exhales voluminous plume of insanity*
    KE1: ya...ze rails...
    KE2: *takes several hits from bathsaltpipe*
    KE1: maybe...on...ze barrel?
    KE2: ZE BARREL ITSELF IS RAILS
    KE1: *looks at pipe* Maybe not...
    KE2: YA ZE BARREL IS RAILS
    KE1: Ya ok ze barrel is rails *licks bathsalt wrapper*
    It’s the barrel shroud whence its muzzle peeks out.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If in fact the Korth is truly better by enough to justify its cost (and I am in no position to say whether or not that is the case), then if I had that kind of money budgeted, I would rather have one really nice gun than several not as nice guns.
    The quality of the original Ratzeburg models speaks for itself. This is the base matte finished model made in 1985.

Name:  Profi01.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  55.9 KB
    Name:  Profi02.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  47.6 KB
    Name:  Profi03.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  63.7 KB
    Name:  Profi04.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  72.6 KB
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I don't drive a $3500 truck, either. But I'll still buy a $3500 revolver. Wouldn't be the first time the cost of the gear I was carrying was more than double what my car costs. I used to drive around in a $1250 Mustang with pocket knife that costs what the car did. By the time I added my wrist watch, gun, flashlight, custom holsters, etc. I was well over the double the cost of the car...
    Back in 2011 I drove a $400 car and carried a pair of glocks and a ZT0350. My watch was only $7 though. I miss that car.

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    I fired the Korth-badged versions of these revolvers at this year’s SHOT Show. There were some teething problems with some of the guns on the stand, but the ones that worked did a good job of approximating the feel of what Korth Lollar calls its Classic line, at half the price. Compared to the Ratzeburg originals, it is a different design wherein the cylinder rotates the wrong way, with its latch moved from the back to the side; made of different materials, i.e. CNC billet rather than ground forgings. Also, according to Korth, the National Standard is designed to minimize hand-fitting. They seem to be angling for what Manurhin did with its MR93, as accurately and enthusiastically reviewed by Emmanuel Baechler some 20 years ago. Of course, that futuristic revolver was a “clean sheet” design adapted for casting technologies, not a simplification of an existing design for CNC manufacture. Also, whereas Manurhin got out of the gun-building business as a result of banking on the MR93 just as “wondernines” came to dominate the administrative procurement market, Korth Lollar has a better chance of enduring within the sport shooting niche.
    Michael, I'm always impressed with your knowledge and postings. Let me pick your brain on this one-Why in the world did Manurhin feel compelled to replace the Ruger exceptionally strong and easily field-strippable Security/Service/Speed Six frame with a traditional sideplate frame when Manurhin and Ruger had their joint police revolver (the RMR, I believe) and the subsequent Manurhin F1? My recollection was that Ruger provided the frames and action components, and Manurhin provided the barrels and cylinders, at least on the RMRs.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Michael, I'm always impressed with your knowledge and postings. Let me pick your brain on this one-Why in the world did Manurhin feel compelled to replace the Ruger exceptionally strong and easily field-strippable Security/Service/Speed Six frame with a traditional sideplate frame when Manurhin and Ruger had their joint police revolver (the RMR, I believe) and the subsequent Manurhin F1? My recollection was that Ruger provided the frames and action components, and Manurhin provided the barrels and cylinders, at least on the RMRs.

Best, Jon
    Thanks for your kind reading, Jon. The best I can tell, Manurhin wanted to simplify maintenance. Ruger provided parts only for the RMR; all subsequent models were 100% French. The best guns in this investment cast lineage are the MR93 and MR96.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

Point is, there are probably people out there with enough spare money to be interested in an even more exclusive revolver.
    There are probably people who want nothing less than a Korth, to stuff in their Birkin Bags.

User Tag List