Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looser but not longer shirts?

Looser but not longer shirts?

If this doesn't particularly go in this sub-forum, feel free to flog me and move it where appropriate.

I've recently stepped up a size in my shirts to aid in concealing my firearm. However, I'm not particularly fond of the increased length of the shirts which come down to my mid-thigh. My torso happens to be slightly shorter and my legs fairly lengthy.

That being said, I'm looking for recommendations on where to browse for some apparel which would be more accommodating without feeling as though I'm trying to look "hood".
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Maybe the sonoran shirts from The Wilderness?

I can't tell from the photos of they would fit you but they may.

They introduce new patterns every so often, so if you don't like what you see now, you may like one later.

Most shirts you'll just have to have shortened/hemmed. Remember that you want the bottom of the shirt no longer than your wrist, when your arms are hanging straight down. This is VERY important, for a quick presentation.

Look up guyaberra (sp?) shirts, hawaian shirts, 5.11 "covert" shirts, etc., etc. Also, Academy Sports has some Magellan brand shirts (some are called "fishing shirts") that are super comfortable and look nice when ironed slightly.

If you are referring to a shirt covering a pistol, it then becomes equipment.

You want to use the same guidelines as a woman selecting a skirt -- long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep it interesting..... I mean fast.

Yesterday, when passing Target, which is Gabe's equipment provider, I was tempted to go in with him and have him show me equipment, but we were hungry and went directly to lunch.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Fishing shirts are my daily wear. Magellan has some lose fit shirts that maybe what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I'd second getting the shirts you like hemmed. Real easy and probably inexpensive, I've done it myself so I don't know the cost but any alterations place would do it.

I'm sure their suitability is person-dependent, but I have been using the C9 Champion line of shirts from Target for several years. I can post pictures later on (or just look at basically any of my shooting videos, that's all I wear besides one work shirt for the range.) I use the t-shirt and the solid color golf polo. "Slovenly golfer" look FTW.

http://m.target.com/p/men-s-golf-polo/-/A-17035270

http://m.target.com/p/c9-champion-me...t/-/A-16811650

I think those are the ones but I'm on my phone, and I bought most of my shirts several years ago and they may have changed a little since then. But for me, they do exactly what you are talking about - loose enough, but not too long. The stretchy "performance fabric" really helps their functionality too.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Changing shirts can be a pain. Finding what works for you is so personal that it's tough to fix. And once you fix it do you buy all new shirts? I recently switched to button up shirts for a non-ccw reason. The length can make consistent draws difficult.

I am pondering switching back to tucking them in. That creates a consistent drape no matter the shirt. But it does make practicing a lot slower. Equipment wise it just requires a new holster versus a new wardrobe.

Shoot: I have an unopened package containing a JMCK George waiting for me at home when I'm done with my travels. Already I'm contemplating another one. I've got to stay off the equipment forum.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

I'm a tight wad and hate spending money on clothes. I usually hit the bargain racks at the end of the season to find my clothes. I also hate ugly clothes and I'm really picky about the way things fit. It's a curse really.

I really like the length of Columbia cotton short sleeve button down shirts. Not on sale they are way over priced. I can usually find XLs on sale in the fall though. I'm usually a large. My issue with them is they shrink like crazy and also wrinkle a lot when laundered. I think if you go up a size and don't mind ironing they might be an option.

I'll have to stop in to Academy and try on a couple of those Magellan fishing shirts. The Carhartt shirts they stock look really good but are to long. If I could catch them on sale I would be willing to pay a couple bucks to have them hemmed.

Never thought about looking at Target. I guess the plus of shopping there is I don't have to decide which bathroom to use.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

UnderArmor polo shirts fit me just right for CCW, and the tail hangs evenly with my wrists when my arms are in the relaxed position. I am 6'2" tall, weigh 215, and wear a Sixe XL. The UnderArmor "Heat Gear" button front shirts fit the same way.

User Tag List