Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Posted this in the staff section last week,figure full disclosure here is appropriate

Thanks Sean for all you have done! Good luck with the next step in your life. I always enjoy, and learn, from your experienced based, no BS contributions here. Perhaps we will have a chance to read more.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post

Now, in my very un-humble and very selfish desire: I'm hoping this means that after some long deserved time stateside with your family, you'll be out and about teaching some classes. And yes, it's perfectly fine to make high dollar tuition and require students to pay for your drinks. You can have both!
    I second this.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    You did the hardest job in the world for over two decades, seen and done a lifetime of things normal people wouldn't believe, and now you get to retire? That's pretty fucking cool.

...Maybe not the part about dealing with the VA.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Another previous student of yours.

Thank you for your service, and time to start focusing on you and the family!

I'd sign up tomorrow for any classes you get out to teach whenever you're ready.

Thank you for your years carrying the colors. One of my mentors used to always remind us that even the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs has to get out at some point. On a path where abilities and luck contribute greatly to longevity, cheers to you for making it this long and cheers to those who didn't have the same fortune.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

I stole my replacement from my last job, knowing he would be ready, knowing he is but one torn ACL away from a promotion.

Fourth torn ACL, same letg. Over seven years. By the time I get to this point again, I'll have another 18 month training cycle, and would be into my mid-40'. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.

Pretty sure the wife like leave me too.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 05-15-2016 at 12:18 AM.

I said it elsewhere, but I'll say it again. You do what you have to do, and know that we all appreciate what you've done for us as a nation over the past two decades. Now you get to enjoy a well earned respite.

Thank you for your service! I believe you're Navy, my son just enlisted and got sworn in, very proud of him!

My apologies to those who think teaching is on the table, even occasionally, it is not very likely to happen. I found during my short stints as an AI that shooting students are more interested in showing what they already know.

Some argue I have an obligation to give back to others.

I feel I have done just that. I'll have done that for a total (after instructor time) just over 24 years.

I'd like to visit my family now.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 05-15-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    My apologies to those who think teaching is on the table, even occasionally, it is not very likely to happen. I found during my short stints as an AI that shooting students are more interested in showing what they already know.

Some argue I have an obligation to give back to others.

I feel I have done just that. I'll have done that for a total (after instructor time) just over 24 years.

I'd like to visit my family now.
    Who thinks you have an obligation to give back?

After years of voluntary service your only obligation is to do whatever you damn well please.

Congrats on entering a new phase of your life.

User Tag List