Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gabe White hates on Competition...

I don't have a ton of thoughts formed yet, and I haven't delved deep into the scores to see what's what very specifically, but here's the video anyway:

Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    [...]
    Thanks! That was very helpful. The fact that a statement has been issued is extremely promising.

Site Supporter
    They also stop me sometimes when the see the Gadget and think my gun is breaking, but that's ok, then I get to tell them about it.
    This ^^^ has Meme written all over it.

I don't have a ton of thoughts formed yet, and I haven't delved deep into the scores to see what's what very specifically, but here's the video anyway:

I've watched your USPSA videos since coming on this site, and take this for what it's worth as I'm still a novice in the shooting sports, but damn Dude, I noticed some huge differences!

Your foot speed is much faster and your movements look super fast compared to your previous videos. Your new appendix reloads are sick.

Also, that jumping shot at 1:08 was freakin awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I've watched your USPSA videos since coming on this site, and take this for what it's worth as I'm still a novice in the shooting sports, but damn Dude, I noticed some huge differences!

Your foot speed is much faster and your movements look super fast compared to your previous videos. Your new appendix reloads are sick.

Also, that jumping shot at 1:08 was freakin awesome!
    Hey thanks man!

I've been looking at some other people's match videos from Area 1. I shoot points like a decent Production guy, but get my ass kicked on time in Limited. It's the story of my life in Limited. I gotta figure out how to solve that riddle, but I just keep coming back to thinking that I need to shoot and move a lot better than I do. Though some Dumb Errors also accounted for a fairly significant amount of time. Not all of it though.

Definitely had a lot of fun jumping around at that match. I have to think that losing ~20% of my body mass helped there. Taking those shots in the air at 1:08 when I jumped off the bridge was the single funnest part of the match for me. Too bad I messed up that stage elsewhere.

It's really hard to get through 16 stages without crashing and burning a few times, and having lots of small errors all over the place.
    Lord of the Food Court

It's really hard to get through 16 stages without crashing and burning a few times, and having lots of small errors all over the place.
    I have a hard enough time getting through 7 stages and not tanking a stage.

16 stages shooting Limited minor from concealment? At least no one can say you don't enjoy a challenge! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I have a hard enough time getting through 7 stages and not tanking a stage.

16 stages shooting Limited minor from concealment? At least no one can say you don't enjoy a challenge! LOL!!
    I tend to focus on the things I can be critical of, to the exclusion of things that were good. I think I need to remember to feel good more often about being able to at least function as a credible Limited M, doing things my way. That's not going to make me get any better, but maybe I should keep it in mind more than I do.
    Lord of the Food Court

Gabe,

Any thoughts on why you were "fast enough" for Rogers and you appear to be "slow" in USPSA?
    Do you think it is the accuracy requirement (size of the A zone)? Rogers is all reactive an no planning
    but it does not appear that you are having difficulty with the planning.

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    Gabe,

Any thoughts on why you were "fast enough" for Rogers and you appear to be "slow" in USPSA?
    Do you think it is the accuracy requirement (size of the A zone)? Rogers is all reactive an no planning
    but it does not appear that you are having difficulty with the planning.
    Rogers amounts to a par time test. That is not to take away from Rogers. It is a difficult test and I think it tests consistent performance more than anything else. Both Manny and I were fast enough for Rogers, but Manny is fast enough to shoot about 98% at Area 1, and I was only fast enough to shoot about 75% at Area 1. Now there are some rough edges in there and it isn't quite as simple as that makes it sound, but time is the biggest factor.
    Lord of the Food Court

User Tag List