Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman Is Auctioning Off Gun Used in Trayvon Martin Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Here's the video version is case you've never seen it:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/294060
    "We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States."

...Seriously?

(Not directed at you, Tom. I just think this is bloody ridiculous.)
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    There's no way he's going to be able to sell it over the Internet. Too much interference from "socially conscious" technophiles with nothing better to do.
    On the other hand, he may have already succeeded. All he needed from the net was to get the word out, and in that he succeeded in grand fashion. Obviously, Racist McShootface isn't going to contact GZ through an attorney and offer 65mil, but someone has probably offered enough to encourage a sale directly by now.

The "blood gun" article HCM referred to is "Parking Lot Shootout: The Jim Vollink Incident." Jim shot that old Ithaca until the locking lugs on the slide were peened. He had Bob Kreiger fit an Accu-Rail to the frame and cut the slide down to Commander length. A few years prior to his death in 2011 Jim went into the nursing home after a severe case of Guillain-Barre Syndrome paralyzed him. A female relative and her doper husband moved into his place to "help out" and pilfered whatever they could.
    Jim was a gentleman and still deeply missed.
    Last edited by TxShooter; 05-14-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TxShooter View Post
    The "blood gun" article HCM referred to is "Parking Lot Shootout: The Jim Vollink Incident." Jim shot that old Ithaca until the locking lugs on the slide were peened. He had Bob Kreiger fit an Accu-Rail to the frame and cut the slide down to Commander length. A few years prior to his death in 2011 Jim went into the nursing home after a severe case of Guillain-Barre Syndrome paralyzed him. A female relative and her doper husband moved into his place to "help out" and pilfered whatever they could.
    Jim was a gentleman and still deeply missed.
    Thank you!

It appeared in the Nov/Dec 1989 issue. It's availible here as part of an Ayoob collection behind a paywall.

http://americanhandgunner.com/store-...les-1985-2011/
    Last edited by HCM; 05-14-2016 at 05:07 PM.

I bought the collection as a downloadable PDF. It was a disappointment. The newer stuff is fine, but some of the older ones are such poor quality scans that they're unreadable.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    There's no way he's going to be able to sell it over the Internet. Too much interference from "socially conscious" technophiles with nothing better to do.
    Like I wrote elsewhere:
    The auction got pulled. Five gets you ten some small-town car dealer who posts under a goofy handle at Stormfront gave him NFA-level money for the thing so he can keep it in the safe next to his PPK in the holster the gun show dealer told him was made of Jew skin and take it out when he's drunk to show to his poker buddies.
    Call me cynical, but I've been to a lot of gun shows.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I wish Zimmerman would find some other use for his single-shot Kel-Tec PF9. He'd still only need one round for what I have in mind.

eh... he's not even in my top 10 on the list of people I wish would eat lead at 1100fps. Hell I like him more than the Kardashians!
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    eh... he's not even in my top 10 on the list of people I wish would eat lead at 1100fps. Hell I like him more than the Kardashians!
    At least when Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Kylie, or Kendall posts on social media there is at least something nice to look at. Zimmerman is a more or less an oxygen thief. Especially given his post-Martin issues.

User Tag List