Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F.B.I. Director Says ‘Viral Video Effect’ Blunts Police Work

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Judges, like the police, are limited by the First Amendment. Restraining orders prohibiting speech are considered prior restraint and are highly disfavored in U.S. law (and are a big reason why we have the First Amendment), particularly when the order applies to the press (lawyers typically don't contest such orders). Here's a link to a Wikipedia article (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.p...ion=edit§ion=5) that gives an overview. Prior restraint won't be widely applied to the flood of video, and will be overturned where it is applied.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I've seen this applied locally with very good success. One of which I remember ended up with YT pulling videos even. I can only speak from experience locally.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Judges are also incapable (thankfully) to placing blanket orders in the population as a whole. They can order the involved parties to knock off the "leaks" but good luck making a blanket order that nobody in the city or county shall discuss this or post their videos. Just not going to fly and just impossible to enforce.

Go back to teaching people how to think and make decisions based in fact rather than regurgitate populist mantras and do what feels right. That's the root cause of the issue. Not the videos or the YT or Instacrabs or whatever. It's that people have no critical thinking skills. Anything aside for a return to fundamentals is a tits on a boar.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Figure that almost everyone (in the First World) whose age is into double-digits has a video camera on them and knows how to use it. The younger ones know how to upload what they photograph and may even be doing in in real-time. If something of note is going on, it's going to be recorded and uploaded.

That's the world today.

King Canute knew that he couldn't command the tide to reverse itself. Director Comey, on the other hand.....

p.s.; this is probably also why reports of UFO sightings are exceedingly rare nowadays.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Figure that almost everyone (in the First World) whose age is into double-digits has a video camera on them and knows how to use it. The younger ones know how to upload what they photograph and may even be doing in in real-time. If something of note is going on, it's going to be recorded and uploaded.
    And the news media loves it when the public does their job for them. It's cheaper than a news crew and great teaser footage. Short of EMP nothing is going to stop this trend, so do whatever you do with the expectation that it is being recorded.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

That's the world today.
    Well, actually...

This is one of the issues I'm currently litigating:

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news...811-story.html

http://ctgunrights.com/wp-content/up...laint-HTFD.pdf

Media access (and a broad definition of who the media is comprised) to newsworthy events is an essential part of living in a free republic.

It is as essential as the right to bear arms, the right to serve on a jury and hold public office.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Well, actually...

This is one of the issues I'm currently litigating:

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news...811-story.html

http://ctgunrights.com/wp-content/up...laint-HTFD.pdf

Media access (and a broad definition of who the media is comprised) to newsworthy events is an essential part of living in a free republic.

It is as essential as the right to bear arms, the right to serve on a jury and hold public office.
    LOL

Your first amendment rights end at the crime scene tape.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    p.s.; this is probably also why reports of UFO sightings are exceedingly rare nowadays.
    They finally got that Romulan cloaking thing working right. Probably pirated from the lizard people.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    They finally got that Romulan cloaking thing working right. Probably pirated from the lizard people.
    And those anthropologists got into a lot of trouble when their cloak failed on Mintaka III.

"Pictures or it didn't happen" has done a lot to quash the UFO sightings.

Or, as you suggest, the aliens have gotten smarter. And they don't seem to be grabbing people up for butt-probing anymore.

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List