Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Revolver realities - Living with the revolver as a duty sidearm

Nice!!
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I keep reading that Colt couldn't build new Pythons today or at least not ones people could afford but Rock Island builds a revolver with this same form factor. Why can't Colt do the same thing but with better materials and tighter QC? I know, I know, the market wants soul less plastic guns but a guy can dream can't he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I keep reading that Colt couldn't build new Pythons today or at least not ones people could afford but Rock Island builds a revolver with this same form factor. Why can't Colt do the same thing but with better materials and tighter QC? I know, I know, the market wants soul less plastic guns but a guy can dream can't he?

Discussed on page 4 and 5 of the Remington R51 thread.

These post by RevolverRob explain it well: labor and golden age

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    This is my Agent right after getting it back from Karl

I like the front sight. How is it attached?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I like the front sight. How is it attached?
    He machined a slot into the front of the barrel and then the sight is inserted from the muzzle end back and pinned in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post

Because Rock Islands are generally mid to low quality junk and are priced accordingly.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    agreed
    Darryl, you need to loan that to me when the time comes, so I can carry it my last day on the job.

Do you have any idea where I guy could find one of those original S&W grip adapters?
    Last edited by Trooper224; 08-30-2016 at 04:24 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Darryl, you need to loan that to me when the time comes, so I can carry it my last day on the job.

Do you have any idea where I guy could find one of those original S&W grip adapters?
    First, love the Karl Sokol Agent. Outstanding execution on that one.

The original grip adaptor cost as much as actual guns. Mine are reproductions I bought off the S&W forum. I would be happy to lend it to you for a the last day at work. It would make a statement.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    He machined a slot into the front of the barrel and then the sight is inserted from the muzzle end back and pinned in place.
    Thanks for the reply. Is the sight something that is off the shelf or did he have to modify it to fit the slot?

I have a Detective Special that I like everything about except the factory front sight. When it can be seen at all - it reflects light and becomes very hard to see in many light conditions - it shoots 13" high at 25 yards.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    You're assuming, of course, that one safe can hold it all.

His is a walk in.

User Tag List