Thread: Teufelshund Tactical HK pistol course

Teufelshund Tactical HK pistol course

I just wanted to do a quick write up on some excellent training I attended this past weekend. Teufelshund Tactical conducted two days of MP5 and UMP training followed by a one day HK focused pistol course. I decided to attend the pistol course with my newly acquired P2000.

I finally took the HK plunge. The P2000 always looked good on paper so I decided on one in 9mm with the LEM V2 trigger. I was worried about not liking the trigger but found it pretty much like operating a striker fired pistol. Then again, I’m pretty tolerant of different triggers and can switch back and forth without many issues. The first time I ever shot the P2000 was on the first drill of the day so I was pleased with how easy I adapted. It ran great and shot and handled like a larger pistol. I added thin slide release levers, larger mag release and flat base pads right out of the box.

Teufelshund Tactical is owned and operated by James Williamson who is an active duty Marine Officer and guru on all things HK. He was assisted by Ben Bergamini during the training class. You’d be hard pressed to find two more knowledgeable and professional firearm instructors.

There were only 6 students which allowed the class to move quickly and progress into some advanced drills. There was lots of shooting on the move and transitions. In addition, we got to shoot a lot of steel which I enjoyed. Also, the instructors were happy to let students demo different HK models. During a walk back drill we were about 120 meters out and James let me try his P7M13. I’d never handled a P7M13 much less shot one. I squeezed off one shot, rang the steel plate and handed it back. I figured I’d end my P7M13 experience with one shot, one kill.

If you’re into HK weapons or just good quality firearm instruction, I highly recommend Teufelshund Tactical.

Attachment 7775
    Plenty of focus on accuracy to get things dialed in on B16s.

Attachment 7776
    Instructors running a demo.

Attachment 7777
    Carnage from the MP5/UMP class

Attachment 7778
    Getting P2000 set up.

P7M13 demo.

Attachment 7779
    Myself and Major Williamson

Attachment 7780
    Always nice to get some SWAG

Attachment 7781
    Newly issued MP5SD...ready for next subgun course.

Attachment 7782
    http://www.teufelshundtactical.com/

So shooting that MP5SD you posted about while back must've had an impact on you. Very nice, especially that squeeze cocker shot! I actually just picked up a P30 LEM, interested to hear your long term thoughts on the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    So shooting that MP5SD you posted about while back must've had an impact on you. Very nice, especially that squeeze cocker shot! I actually just picked up a P30 LEM, interested to hear your long term thoughts on the trigger.
    Yes, I kind of rescued the MP5SD from the armory and got it assigned. Happy to do it!

I like the trigger and don't find the extended travel any trouble...so far so good.

Link to Teufelshund Tactical’s AAR on HKpro for those interested.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/teufelshu...ml#post1797196

Been in contact with James a bunch over the years. Great guy, and glad the classes are good.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Maj Williamson was my BN XO here at Infantry Training BN until just recently, always made time to talk with the instructors and encouraged us to train and shoot on our own as much as possible. Never been to one of his classes but might need to try one out seeing as it would be relatively local to me. Thanks for the AAR.

User Tag List