Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New cutting edge air marshal ammo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    A 79gr all-alloy expanding bullet. Such future. Much secret. Wow.

Attachment 7767
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm no pilot, but have been told (by Air Marshals, actually) that the idea of a plane depressurizing from a few .36 caliber holes is pure bollocks...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    I'm no pilot, but have been told (by Air Marshals, actually) that the idea of a plane depressurizing from a few .36 caliber holes is pure bollocks...
    Ii' guessing the bigger worry is passengers depressurizing from a few .54" holes that match up with the ones on the backside of the bad guys. It's hard to say since we're trying to divine the intent of a foreign bullet designer via his words passed through the brain of an AP reporter who likely wouldn't know a hollow point if you shot him with one.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

AP reporter who likely wouldn't know a hollow point if you shot him with one.
    Not to doubt your bullet-identification acumen TOO hard, but if you've been shot with it, either it's inside you or it exited; isn't it a touch hard to examine and thus determine it's JHP/FMJ-ness either way? (Yes, I know you were making a joke, and yes, I'm an ass sometimes. I accept it. )

Ii' guessing the bigger worry is passengers depressurizing from a few .54" holes that match up with the ones on the backside of the bad guys.
    That's really funny, but the point is to save the passengers, or as many as you can, from a smoking hole in the ground. That means you have to kill the BGs as quickly and efficiently as possible. I'll take my chances on being collateral damage over the certainty of a crash.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    That's really funny, but the point is to save the passengers, or as many as you can, from a smoking hole in the ground. That means you have to kill the BGs as quickly and efficiently as possible. I'll take my chances on being collateral damage over the certainty of a crash.
    That's why our guys use regular JHPs, I am informed. I do not know anything about the Czechs' doctrine.
    Last edited by Tamara; 05-09-2016 at 07:41 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Don't those guys have internet? Or read gun magazines?

Coulda saved a lot of time and research on improving the old regular hollowpoints with the new lightweight high speed bullets. Since its been done before. Several times. And kinda wasn't all that great. If they like the idea they could've just bought some instead of reinventing them.

Last time I have shot steel or aluminum panels, light and fast projectiles were more likely to penetrate those barriers than a 147gr JHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann View Post
    Last time I have shot steel or aluminum panels, light and fast projectiles were more likely to penetrate those barriers than a 147gr JHP.
    Blasphemy!

No Special Air Marshal ammo for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Blasphemy!

No Special Air Marshal ammo for you!
    "You make me sad. Come Patsy!"
    Last edited by Hauptmann; 05-09-2016 at 10:21 PM.

User Tag List