Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New cutting edge air marshal ammo!

New cutting edge air marshal ammo!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ition-38966600

"To prevent that, the Czech researchers focused on developing projectiles that get deformed once hitting a target, significantly reducing the chance of passing through.

The result of testing in an underground lab is 9mm ammunition with a brass bullet, weighing about 5 grams (0.18 ounces). It leaves the gun at a speed over 500 meters (1,640 feet) per second, higher than the 350-400 meters per second that is common for this caliber, providing a sufficient wounding capability.

On impact, the bullet expands its surface, imparts all its kinetic energy into the body and remains in it."

I am just blown away.........

So what about penetration?
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Penetration doesn't matter, because you've transferred the energy to the target, and they will die of shock.

Electrical shock.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Projectiles made from Derpium.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Wait, I've seen this show before...Glasers.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Sounds like the old Geco BAT (Blitz Action Trauma) ammo. IIRC, it was a very light bullet at super fast (for a 9mm), with a plastic cap. I think of it as an ancestor to the Barnes stuff.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    A 79gr all-alloy expanding bullet. Such future. Much secret. Wow.

Name:  bullet doge.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  74.2 KB
    Last edited by Tamara; 05-09-2016 at 08:01 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Penetration doesn't matter, because you've transferred the energy to the target, and they will die of shock.

Electrical shock.
    This. Penetration is an impossibly old-fashioned concept, that doesn't even begin to take into account the sub-nuclear forces unleashed by this round, including advertisium which gives off marketonian rays which will cause immense and immediate quantum-based tactical electrical shock--and critically that quantum-based tactical electrical shock is on the sub-molecular level. So as you can see, while the round itself will penetrate no more than 8 inches or so, the critical mass of multi-syllabic words that are used to describe its effect will cause devastating incapacitation on their own tactically planned accord.

Of course, you will want to stand back from the blast wave when this thing hits, and there is a possibility that the EMP pulse it gives off will knock out cell phones in a two block radius. Because science.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    A 79gr all-alloy expanding bullet. Such future. Much secret. Wow.
    You mathed faster than me.......
    Sort of like my old school Corbon 90 gr +P. Failure to penetrate a groundhog is a bad thing. And I learned that about 18 years ago.

Why do I suddenly hear someone shouting "headshots only".
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Sounds like the old Geco BAT (Blitz Action Trauma) ammo. IIRC, it was a very light bullet at super fast (for a 9mm), with a plastic cap. I think of it as an ancestor to the Barnes stuff.
    Was that the one that had a hole through the center of the bullet, plugged by the nose cap?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List